• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Hurricanes, SFS - Revenge of the Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Well, I don't like my boys fighting, and even less do I like to take sides, but ... MR, why don't you provide details on how NTA's analysis was wrong. Feels like attacking the man not the ball.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Fair enough scarfman, at some point today I shall dig up the match and watch it.

I only popped on this morning to say congrats to the Tah's supporters on such a great game, but I saw NTA's usual ramblings of ref's not knowing anything and I did indeed get wound up. Although probably not as wound up as NTA did it would appear.

Don't see any reason to bring nations into it though. It's not like I said all Aussies are full of shit, just NTA.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Like he said - he hasn't watched the game.

I'm going to be perfectly reasonable and say that I haven't had a chance to look at all the scrums (because I've only seen half the game from one side of the park). But I know - for sure - that the scrum Baxter got penalised for was not his fault, and should have been a re-set at worst.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Well done and good on you Tah's, now please keep it going!

Haven't watched the game but have read some reports that indicate that the Tah's are in rare form. Love to see it continue for another two games.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Thank you fir the heads up dpk.

Of course I have seen the game!! Not at home at the moment, so tough to do an analysis but I will re watch for sure, god forbid I am wrong

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I had a shitty feed for most of the game, but I saw the scrum NTA was referring to and saw it the same way.

Good luck on the analysis MR, you sure have raised the stakes.

As a Lee Grant - an observation by a pommy mate of mine is that S14 refs are leaving a much wider gap between the front rows at scrum time, which is probably fuelling the collapses on hits (especially with Aussie teams who tend to scrum lower than others I would suggest). He saw our props having to reach out and just touch the other props arm, whereas oop north they're just 30cm from the other guys' shoulder

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just to clarify my comments about biggayAl, I am far from convinced that he is at fault when the scrums collapse and think he has been pretty good this season, but the forensic analysis of cause and effect hasn't mattered in the past and won't matter again in the future when it comes to tests referred by SAns. When they see a scrum go down they will be looking for someone to ping, and its easy to fall back on Baxter - its now accepted practice. I think we need to separate the what should happen to what does happen, as its the later that will win or lose us tests against the ABs.

I am by no means suggesting Baxter shouldn't be the tahs 3 for the rest of the season (i.e. next week).

I stand by me comments about the P ref (thankls NTA for the correction) being more lenient on the collapses last night than others would have been.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Gagger said:
I had a shitty feed for most of the game, but I saw the scrum NTA was referring to and saw it the same way.

Good luck on the analysis MR, you sure have raised the stakes.

As a Lee Grant - an observation by a pommy mate of mine is that S14 refs are leaving a much wider gap between the front rows at scrum time, which is probably fuelling the collapses on hits (especially with Aussie teams who tend to scrum lower than others I would suggest). He saw our props having to reach out and just touch the other props arm, whereas oop north they're just 30cm from the other guys' shoulder

Pollock realised this and started setting the packs very close together (and telling them to "keep it up").

I thought that Pollock was very good - although I was unhappy with some of his decisions at the breakdown (but that could just be my one good blue eye playing tricks).

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Really, the only thing I had a beef about was letting the Canes play the ball on their knees all 1st half, then gifting 3 to them on halftime when Waugh tries to do the same. All very relaxed in hindsight, but I was screaming blue murder at the TV at the time.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Right, we are talking about the scrum at 56:25 right? Pollock, got it absolute spot on.

Baxter clearly screwed up his hit - his back was about 10 degrees right at the start, you can see the arm bind come on and just pull the whole thing straight down.

Penalty call? Maybe not, but given the shambolic state of the scrums at that stage, Pollock had clearly had enough.

The incident was clear as piss, approximately 2 metres in front of a referee so to call him a pillock and them claim he's just like every other ref to ever call against a wallaby prop (useless) is bloody poor form.

I was a bit scathing this morning at you NTA, and I do apologise for that, but no way am I going to change my mind that the correct call was made.

On a side note, I Forgot to mention Drew Mitchell this morning, he had a blinder. Hopefully this year we'll see some more Guildford vs Mitchell action, as both are simply awesome to watch.

S

Spook

Horne was very good. The Tah back 3 v good. Well done. I'm glad one side got through. Would have been a shocker otherwise.

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
Outstanding performances from:
- Tilse: Apologies that I doubted you - took it to Fatalata in the first half
- Barnes: Controlled the game - has he done enough to get picked ahead of quade?
- Tom Carter - much maligned but bar your first hit up you did your job perfectly
- Rob Horne - outplayed Conrad Smith, well done
- Drew Mitchell - never rated the bloke much before this year but he has been outstanding
- KB (Kurtley Beale): 15 Jersey for the wallabies? If not then he has to be on the bench - bye bye JO'C.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Does anyone really think Baxter was wounded?

Hickey said afterwards that he was down with a stomach bug (and Mowen) before the game..

A cynic may think that his injury was quite "cynical"

A

AIDAN

this was the first game ive been to in a while and i thought Get on Tah's Turf was fantastic. great for the game really. AFL have done this for years but i thing the Waratahs trumped that having the players out on the field amongst the fans. anyone else who was there have any thoughts?

S

simonr

fatprop said:
Does anyone really think Baxter was wounded?

Hickey said afterwards that he was down with a stomach bug (and Mowen) before the game..

A cynic may think that his injury was quite "cynical"

I was saying this to Mrs RSA after Palmer got knocked out - if we can now injur tilse, we can swap him for Fitzpatrick and go uncontested. Hickey didnt go for it until the second half, but thats because he's not as good a coach as I obviously am.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Rugby smart arse said:
I was saying this to Mrs RSA after Palmer got knocked out - if we can now injur tilse, we can swap him for Fitzpatrick and go uncontested. Hickey didnt go for it until the second half, but thats because he's not as good a coach as I obviously am.
I commented to Lee Grant in the stands to the same effect - I wondered if we'd see uncontested before oranges! I was out by about 20 mins. I would hate to think it was a deliberate ploy.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
NTA said:
Shit I just realised that the logo is for the Spastic Centre of NSW. Is this supporting Grumbles or in preparation for the Tahs getting their arses kicked and playing "like spastics"?

I know it is late bringing this up but NTA that is not cool.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
#1 Tah said:
topo said:
NTA said:
Shit I just realised that the logo is for the Spastic Centre of NSW. Is this supporting Grumbles or in preparation for the Tahs getting their arses kicked and playing "like spastics"?

I suppose someone had to say it. Maybe we should have run a book on who it would be?

Thats just offensive and you should be ashamed. Rugby is the sport of gentlemen and nothing re-enforces this more then what the Waratahs are doing.

Beat you to it matty.

Status
Not open for further replies.