• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Highlanders 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah don't know what the story with BKH is. He toured, so must be fit. But it is telling that they chose to put the non-contracted Batger on the bench in Durban, as opposed to BKH who is a contracted player.

I am not thrilled at the prospect of rushing Robinson back when he is not 100%. However from the Tahs perspective this game is make or break, so I can understand why they would want him out there, even if it is only on one leg. From a Wallaby perspective though there is potential for disaster.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
- Hickey on Robinson

Disaster waiting to happen.

Why?

Do you know how many players are exactly in the same position every week?

Guys like Laurie Daley & Terry Lamb never ran during the week for the last few years of their respective careers.

T

TheNextBigThing

Chalk and cheese. It sounds like you're talking about chronic conditions more to do with recovery rather than a specific strain.

If Robinson played and incurred a worse injury due to impatience that would be a disaster.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Clan's scrum is not quite the domminant beast it used to be so the tahs may get the upper hand there. I think the Tahs will have trouble with the pace of the Clan back row and I wouldn't expect miricles from Palu. I think the Clan might just get up in this one. They are a bit of a bogey side for the Tahs.

T

TheNextBigThing

Two losses in the last six. One (2007) by one point. Hardly a bogey side.

C

chriss555

Yeah don't know what the story with BKH is. He toured, so must be fit. But it is telling that they chose to put the non-contracted Batger on the bench in Durban, as opposed to BKH who is a contracted player.

If BKH is 100% fit and not been selected then there`s a story; I`m sure we will hear about it post super rugby !

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)

If BKH is 100% fit and not been selected then there`s a story; I`m sure we will hear about it post super rugby !

Last I saw him he was limping off the field a week after making his comeback from injury, I suspect he is still out.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why?

Do you know how many players are exactly in the same position every week?

Guys like Laurie Daley & Terry Lamb never ran during the week for the last few years of their respective careers.

Laurie Daley and Terry Lamb weren't repeatedly at the business end of a 1700+ kg scrum.

T

Tahfan

yeh the tahs will win... but do u think it'll matter?

Should do. Think the Tahs will make it into the 6 with 2 wins. Bulls play stormers this week and sharks next so one of the Sharks and Bulls is definitely going to drop points. Then it will be up to bonus points both 4 try and losing.... Tahs need to open up which given the toll injury wise will be tough.

Sounds like Fat Cat, Cliff, Waugh & Lachie are all looking like being fit.

Nothing to lose they need to have a real go this week cos they wont get 4 tries next week....

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Laurie Daley and Terry Lamb weren't repeatedly at the business end of a 1700+ kg scrum.

:nta: my point is there is not always a correlation between whether someone fulfills all the training of the week and performance on Saturday.

If Robinson can't walk Tuesday, but gets through the captains run on Friday, and recovers OK overnight, I don't see a problem.

This belief that 100% fit units on Monday should only be considered for Saturday is fantasy land stuff. They all are play injured a lot of the time, the test of a pro rugby player is how they perform injured and it is up to the medical staff to patch them up and get them out there.

That is the reality

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd agree, fp, if the captains run contains some scrum practice. It's fine for a back or a backrower to be untrained until the captains run, but the prop role would some require the ability to prop in the scrum. If he can't prove he's fit to do this before the game then he probably shouldn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.