• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Brumbies 28th June ANZ Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Fine for the Tahs, Horne defends in the 10/12 channel (go you hardest at him) while Beale plays "2nd 15" and off defensive lineouts they add Hooper defending at 10 with Foley taking the Hooker position next to the lineout

No worries we will run Speight and Rattlebones at him on the wing..

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Love it how after being a defensive laughing stock just a few years ago, Phipps can now be described as a 'physical' halfback without the poster having his sanity questioned.

I wouldn't call him 'physical' but much like White, he does make his covering tackles, and being bigger then White does it well. 'Physical' halfback for my mind is a Burgess.. but he does the job.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hurricanes tried that unsuccessful a couple of times IIRC, with a physical half back like Phipps and a quick flanker like Hooper you can compensate for Beale's lack of defensive ability even with a big blindside to defend.

Hurricanes dropped a lot of ball, too. And still got within 9.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Fine for the Tahs, Horne defends in the 10/12 channel (go you hardest at him) while Beale plays "2nd 15" and off defensive lineouts they add Hooper defending at 10 with Foley taking the Hooker position next to the lineout
Sounds so simple when you put it like that.

T

Train Without a Station

Not directed at you specifically, BPC, but I find this notion idiotic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If he was captain perhaps. As he would be a bench loosie surely a ref would hold no grudge anyway

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
No worries we will run Speight and Rattlebones at him on the wing..

Well, that is what I suggested, but as others have also reminded me, actually getting him isolated means running the blind a lot.

And that very quickly loses any surprise

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Well, that is what I suggested, but as others have also reminded me, actually getting him isolated means running the blind a lot.

Only needs to work once to change the defensive line

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

The surprise would be if KB (Kurtley Beale) could do anything about it.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I live near the ground and the weather has suddenly gone from sunny and clear to overcast with gale force wind.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Game on. Excited and thirsty. Give it to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

This cold miserable weather will play to the Ponies favour. They like miserable in Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.