• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs in talks with James Haskell, Mike Phillips and Dwayne Peel

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bartman

I would also be interested to know whether Bruce considers Trevor Woodman, former Sydney Uni scrum coach, a "UK working holiday maker"?

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Bruce,

Short-sighted, parochial, hypocritical..........................................
.............................Stop being such a visionless GPS whiteboy man whore and mix it up a little. I want a Tah title(s) and with old farts like you running NSW rugby, I suspect it wont happen until NSW is privatised, cos the lesser states will continue to undermine our depth to the extent that your boys Hangers and Carter, who despite your protestations are useless at S15 level, continue to get the inside running.

I have no doubt that Bruce can stick up for himself, but your post has moved me to stick up for general decency and decorum. You are in error on numerous points of fact, and I have no doubt that this bit alone contravenes a swathe of forum rules, but for me the main rule you have flouted is the unwritten 'NO DICKHEADS' rule.

......- not dreary stockport....

and then you have the effrontery to libel the Borough of Stockport - home of the Hat Museum, medieval buildings, a magnificent town hall, and the Victorian engineering marvel that is the Stockport Viaduct.

Insolent cur.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Insolent cur.

If you're going to kick someone in the nuts, figuratively that is, one may as well be eloquent about it. I doubt BMN would've ever been so brusque as to utter such words Langers, but I suspect he would've been delighted if someone used a piece of prose with these words for a bit of colloquial cod kicking.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Bartman,
By all means make a point. A few less words might help too.
Continue with personal insults such as those used a few posts down, and your contributions will be fleeting.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
http://frenchrugbyclub.com/Top-14/Top-14-2010-11/Top-14-Transfers-Contepomi-Michalak-001427.html
Top 14 Transfers: Michalak to sign for the Waratahs; Contepomi to reunite with Cheika
26 April 2011

Frédéric Michalak will leave Stade Toulousain and sign for Australia's Waratahs, according to reports in France.

The 28-year-old international stalled on new contract talks with Toulouse as he wanted to play at fly-half, but head coach Guy Noves preferred to use him at scrum-half.

Last week's announcement that Toulouse had signed Australian scrum-half Luke Burgess (from the Waratahs) was widely seen as confirmation that Michalak would leave, and it now appears he will head down under.

Toulouse have also signed All Blacks star Luke McAlister - who can play at centre of fly-half - as well as Stade Francais No 10 Lionel Beauxis.

Michalak is set to confirm his decision on Wednesday.

He had been courted by several French clubs interested in signing him, with Biarritz, Bayonne and Lyon OU all linked to the French international, but the player himself always maintained he would find it difficult to play for another team in France other than Toulouse.

He has previously played in South Africa with Natal Sharks - although injury cut that experience short - and he has made no secret of his desire to give Super 15 rugby another go. Now it seems the Waratahs will fulfill that ambition for him.

Elsewhere, Argentine international Felipe Contepomi is set to leave Toulon for Stade Francais.

The Pumas star has had limited game time since joining Toulon two years ago - primarily as cover for Jonny Wilkinson - and will now re-unite with his former coach at Leinster Michael Cheika.

Contepomi's arrival will plug the fly-half gap left by Lionel Beauxis' summer move to Stade Toulousain, with Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal sanctioning the early release of the Argentine a year ahead of the end of his contract.

Top 14 Transfers for 2011/12

The 33-year-old spent five seasons at Leinster before moving to Toulon in 2009, but his early release could in part be a sweetener to help facilitate the transfer of Mathieu Bastareaud in the other direction.

Toulon should have sufficient cover in the fly-half position with the Cote d'Azur club having already signed Australian international Matt Giteau - who can play at 10 or 12 - as well as young French prospect Julien Dumora from Pau.

Contepomi is not the only player leaving Toulon, with Philippe Saint-André's team once more undergoing a major revamp during the off-season to make way for new arrivals. Another confirmed departure is that of former Wallaby captain George Smith, who is leaving to take up a hugely lucrative contract with Suntory in Japan - where he will be reunited with ex-Australia coach Eddie Jones - while others bidding 'adieu' include Australian centre Mafileo Kefu, Samoan Fotu Auelua (who is joining the Brumbies), Kiwi prop Saimone Taumoepeau (to Castres), former England international Tom May (to Northampton), and winger Clément Marienval (to Montpellier). There is further speculation that Paul Sackey could be leaving as well (possibly to Stade Francais) after failing to impress sufficiently following his move from London Wasps last summer. Little used prop Mehdi Merabet has also recently signed for ProD2 outfit Oyonnax, while first-choice scrum-half Pierre Mignoni is retiring at the end of the season to take up a coaching position with Toulon.

All of these departures will help make room for the growing galaxy of incoming stars with confirmed arrivals so far including Springbok lock Bakkies Botha, Australian centre Giteau, French internationals Alexis Palisson and Sébastien Tillous-Borde, and Welsh prop Eifion Lewis-Roberts. Pau's Dumora has also signed, while Toulon recently announced the capture of England flanker Steffon Armitage from London Irish, although the Exiles remain adamant no deal will be finalized until they have signed a "suitable" replacement.

There is little doubt more big name arrivals will be announced over the coming days and weeks, with the Bastareaud deal reported to be close to completion, while rumours persist that All Blacks sensation Sonny Bill Williams could be set for a return to the club he left just one season ago - on a massively increased salary.

Toulon are further being linked with Williams' former Bulldogs team-mate Willie Mason, who is currently experiencing registration with English rugby league side Hull KR.

In other transfer news, Brive has confirmed four new signings for next season having finally secured their Top 14 status. The Limousin club had already announced that Biarritz duo Yann Fior and Arnaud Mignardi had signed, and they will now be joined by a third player from the Basque club with prop Alexandre Barozzi, 24, agreeing to join.

Other new arrivals include former France Under-21 lock Olivier Caisso (from Colomiers), South African back-rower Petrus Hauman (from Aurillac) and former Queensland Reds flanker Poutasi Luafutu (from Tasman).

English fly-half Shane Geraghty apparently visited the club last week with a view to a possible transfer, but no deal has yet been announced.

Brive's new signings will in part help offset the departures of Fabrice Estebanez (to Racing-Métro), Alexis Palisson (to Toulon), Gerhard Vosloo (to Clermont Auvergne), Shaun Perry (to Worcester Warriors) and Damian Browne (to Leinster).

It has also been reported in the French press that Bayonne are interested in signing England lock Simon Shaw. The 34-year-old is seen as ideal replacement for Ross Filipo, who has signed for Shaw's current club London Wasps.

Relegated Bourgoin, meanwhile, have announced that SCA Albi prop Benjamin Sore, 24, has joined them on a two-year deal.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Michalak? My mouth just dropped open. Unless Barnes is permanently crocked then he probably doesn't play a position that the Tahs need an incoming "star" in. I can still remember how "successful" Michalak was in his previous venture into Super rugby.

Best of luck to Tasi Luafutu.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Freddie didn't exactly set the world on fire for the Shorks, did he?

He is a unpredictable specimen but the Shorks also didn't exactly play to his strengths and unless Hickey suddenly decides that his ten should pass, that won't change much.

Michalak has long been expressing his desire to return to Super Rugby.

They could do worse.

PS. Phillips will fit the Tahs style of play just about batter than any scrummie I can think of right now. In fact, he could be godsend. Hell of a player. Can't be judged on the shambles that has been Ospreys this year. They have fallen to pieces. I'll back him to make a huge impact.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
He is a unpredictable specimen but the Shorks also didn't exactly play to his strengths and unless Hickey suddenly decides that his ten should pass, that won't change much.

Michalak has long been expressing his desire to return to Super Rugby.

They could do worse.

PS. Phillips will fit the Tahs style of play just about batter than any scrummie I can think of right now. In fact, he could be godsend. Hell of a player. Can't be judged on the shambles that has been Ospreys this year. They have fallen to pieces. I'll back him to make a huge impact.

Hickey won't be the coach next year. I think you can take that as Gospel.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
According to Hickey the Tahs haven't been in talks with Michalak and they're not considering any maquee players for 2012...

Status
Not open for further replies.