• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs in talks with James Haskell, Mike Phillips and Dwayne Peel

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

QLD become reasonable for two years and the above happens. NSWRU has a far better track record over the last 10 years than the QRU.

So what, as a Reds fan is not allowed to say anything critical of the NSWRU now?

get over it people, not everything said on this forum is state parochialism

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think they know exactly who will be coach next year.

As for the chasing, I wonder about the veracity of this stuff, I doubt the Tahs could afford these guys.

I do think the back up 7s haven't shown much so far and the Tahs need to invest in a long term replacement; but 9? McKibbin is damn good, but quite different from Burgess. What we lose in running and defence we gain with a sweet accurate long pass and solid, effective kicking game from the base.

And a reliable place kicker.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
Bruce could be a really good poster if he lost his absolutely astounding (and totally unfounded) sense of superiority.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Extreme age can lend one that air, often mistaken by youth.

IMO, Bruce is a terrific poster who combines wit, perfect spelling, punctuation and grammar, with insight and great knowledge of the game. Furthermore, he has the impressive ingredient of the intellectual courage to challenge the extant rugby elite, managers, coaches and the like. Anyone looking at that ruling class's measurable performance over the last say 5 years, would know well just how valuable and rare is that brand of courage.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
IMO, Bruce is a terrific poster who combines wit, perfect spelling, punctuation and grammar, with insight and great knowledge of the game. Furthermore, he has the impressive ingredient of the intellectual courage to challenge the extant rugby elite, managers, coaches and the like. Anyone looking at that ruling class's measurable performance over the last say 5 years, would know well just how valuable and rare is that brand of courage.

And by and large I agree with you. His insight and knowledge is excellent (far better than my own) and I do like that he seeks to question the status quo and look for answers where others won't. (And, if we want to bulk up the post with some extra, though totally irrelevant attributes, his spelling, grammar and punctuation is excellent too). But, IMO, I think if he lost the arrogant, superior, condescending attitude, he's be REALLY good.

Anyway, I regret my part in sidetracking this thread somewhat. I do tend to agree that Australian rugby can do without some of these foreign players. Of course, my priority is having the strongest possible Australian player base, now and into the future, and this can only be weakened by local lads being put on the outer in place of foreign blow ins.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
And by and large I agree with you. His insight and knowledge is are excellent (far better than my own) and I do like that he seeks to question the status quo and look for answers where others won't. (And, if we want to bulk up the post with some extra, though totally irrelevant attributes, his spelling, grammar and punctuation is are excellent too).
It would be remiss of me not to fix these, if only for the sake of Bruce's keen sensibilities regarding grammar.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, it could have been worse. Biffo could still be around, and he was the forum pedant par excellence.;)

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Having passed some time yesterday with The Venerable Bruce Ross I can vouch for his knowledge of rugby together with his concerns for its future. I've also been impressed by his humility and interest in others' rugby experience every time I've spent time with him. Apart fom the fact his team beat mine it was a very enjoyable afternoon.

I'll pass on your sentiments to Biffo, pedallist.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
If we've got the shopping list out, how about someone who can kick goals from anywhere. ...that Irish bloke Adam D'Arcy would be rather nice.

Irish be buggered, he's Australian with an Irish grandmother, or somesuch. We had him at the Tahs, Moses, AND SOME SILLY BASTARD LET HIM GO.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I think you'll find that Moses was taking the piss. I will also add that his kicking was inconsistent at Manly and his play was as well.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Having passed some time yesterday with The Venerable Bruce Ross I can vouch for his knowledge of rugby together with his concerns for its future. I've also been impressed by his humility and interest in others' rugby experience every time I've spent time with him. Apart fom the fact his team beat mine it was a very enjoyable afternoon.

Could I emphasise that this was not a paid commercial? Could I also point out that, like most winos I have met, Lindommer is very affable company once you overcome his natural reticence to talk? And very well dressed for someone who sleeps rough.

Aussie D

Desmond Connor (43)
Bartman, are you the same bartman from tsf? If so, welcome aboard it will be good to get some fresh Kiwi input.

B

bartman

Lindommer,

Clearly you do not have Setanta Sports. If you, like me, did, you would know that Adam is by some stretch the worst player in the Ulster backline - and that is saying something. Constantly mocked by Irish commentators and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.