• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Kerevi hasn’t performed at the test level for years and he doesn’t even play in Australia anymore. To say he is the only test level in Australia is just ridiculous.
That's the point. Kerevi isn't in Australia and hasn't performed good at test level since 2021/22.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Ah, so it's not me that's lost.
It's a special topic cause Sua'ali'i didn't play any international cap yet but he will earn as if he were the captain of the national team so it makes sense to talk about a future international career. If he doesn't play at test level would be a disaster for RA

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Waste of money. Again
It's only an academy contract. The news is that Freddy's son is potentially choosing rugby over the NRL, not that it's a superstar multi-million dollar signing. He was in NSW Schoolboys, I don't think it's outrageous to put him in the academy, regardless of surname, they should sign as many of those players as possible.

Last edited:

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
Poor kid dropped an absolute sitter on sat behind the try line. Shore player just had to press the ball down for a try. He’s a beast though. Rothfield and Gould will be apoplectic.

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Gould particularly hates rugby with a passion. He rarely even utters the word, preferring to say ‘the other code’.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
He plays Rugby and has been part of the Tahs system for a few years now. Chances are he'll go to League but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to get someone who is has been in our system.
depends on the quantum of $ but I like that the Tahs have gone public with this. Might as well force DV rugby to pay overs. One thing DV rugby pundits forget is that these players actually like playing rugby - most who have played both codes will often say the team aspect of rugby trumps DV rugby hands down.

Overtime

Chris McKivat (8)
I totally agree with Marce about playing Sua'ali'i at 12 as I have been saying that for a while. I have also been plugging for Jorgo at 10, yes Jorgo at 10 will upset a lot of people. However, four years ago I suggested moving Wright to flyhalf at the Brumbies as I didn't think we had a 10 coming through who was up to international level standard. Look where we are now in relation to quality 10s at international level, another problem area in Aus rugby. I think if we are going to compete at the national level all Super Rugby teams need to be more aligned with what is in the national interest. If Paisami still wants the Wallabies 12 position, he has to prove he is better than Sua'ali'i.

TheScrumMachine

Stan Wickham (3)
There were also lots of tahs showing their talent today. The ones that i thought played the best today was heaven, gamble, lee-warner, Bowen, Lancaster, and Sinclair. Not sure who the 10 for the rats was but he was one of the best on field today, getting 8 penalty goals and a drop goal.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
It's only an academy contract. The news is that Freddy's son is potentially choosing rugby over the NRL, not that it's a superstar multi-million dollar signing. He was in NSW Schoolboys, I don't think it's outrageous to put him in the academy, regardless of surname, they should sign as many of those players as possible.
He's 18 but still in School so I want and people should be careful how they approach critiquing him. Academy contract so it's not really a big deal. My only concern is the fact he must of dropped way down on any league sides wish list.

He's a 12 in Rugby. Very solid build with OK speed but he's very close to getting to a point of too big to move well at least at this age. Looked like he'd be anything a couple years ago when he was a Fullback for Scots. Skills are there though. There's a few other blokes in his side I'd like to see signed like Brial.

depends on the quantum of $ but I like that the Tahs have gone public with this. Might as well force DV rugby to pay overs. One thing DV rugby pundits forget is that these players actually like playing rugby - most who have played both codes will often say the team aspect of rugby trumps DV rugby hands down.
It's also because it's a hell of a lot easier on the body. Having played both (Not pro by any means) but at a decent level you don't play league to be with mates. It's a blood sport and almost always about getting a bit more cash from another team or yours next season.

Rugby Head

Billy Sheehan (19)
Two incredible games of Shute Shield on the Saturday. The two standouts which I don't believe are signed were Coby Miln (Rats) and Ed Timpson (Norths). Miln is a consistent sharp shooter, something we seem to lack every year and Ed Timpson has a serious motor + would provide good depth at 7.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
He's 18 but still in School so I want and people should be careful how they approach critiquing him. Academy contract so it's not really a big deal. My only concern is the fact he must of dropped way down on any league sides wish list.

He's a 12 in Rugby. Very solid build with OK speed but he's very close to getting to a point of too big to move well at least at this age. Looked like he'd be anything a couple years ago when he was a Fullback for Scots. Skills are there though. There's a few other blokes in his side I'd like to see signed like Brial.

It's also because it's a hell of a lot easier on the body. Having played both (Not pro by any means) but at a decent level you don't play league to be with mates. It's a blood sport and almost always about getting a bit more cash from another team or yours next season.
hardly a solid foundation for a sport is it? Saying that, sweet jesus they have some cash to splash around. It will never happen but I always wondered what would happen to loig if the money disappeared.

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
Jed Holloway's departure now confirmed via Waratahs socials

Screen Shot 2024-08-27 at 8.06.38 am.png