• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
We don't really need him there as much as we do at OC, Jorgensen and Kellaway can already cover FB

The Bulldozer

Stan Wickham (3)
Not bad. Personally I'd try to pick Sua'ali'i at 12. That's the spot you have no top class players in current Wallabies squad.
What about Foketi? I don't think you could justify replacing him as he is Wallabies level. Could probably shift him to outside but I don't think McKellar would care about Wallabies selection and would keep his strongest lineup which I believe would have Foketi at inside. I feel like moving Foketi to outside would eliminate him from the attack as he is more suited to the 12 whereas Sua'alii I feel would could play anywhere in the backline. If Foketi wasn't there I definitely think McKellar would put Sua'alii at inside but no matter what he picks I think the Tahs would be up there for one of the stronger centre pairings in Super Rugby with those 2.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
At 15 you have Tom Wright, Kellaway and even Jorgensen. He's gonna be one of the best paid in Australia, so if he can adjust and shine at 12, the money spent would be justify. Kurtley Beale played his whole Super Rugby career at 15 and then switched to 12, so isn't impossible. The kid has the conditions to play everywhere.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
It doesn't matter. The point is the same

From 10 to 15 to 12
From 10 to 12 to 15
From 15 to 10 to 12

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Just to please all those who think RA spends too much on Tahs recruitment, they're putting forward an offer to Zach Fittler, son of Brad.

I hope the talent ID manager is clearer in his talent assessments than his metaphors: “It was a bit of a wrap-our-arms-around-him approach, and see whether they bite at that opportunity,” Cleverley said about Fittler.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
I was saying on Saturday at the Scots- Shore game how Fittler’s physique is much more suited to rugby. He’s like pocock or a frontrower.
Him staying in rugby would get jail rugby press in a lather. Moronic apes that they are.

The GroundsKeeper

Allen Oxlade (6)
It would be great if Fittler came to RA but with his family with such a strong NRL presence what’s to say he won’t go back even if RA throw stupid money at him with this cash inject.

Last edited:

The Bulldozer

Stan Wickham (3)
Foketi isn't a test level player. The only Test level inside centre in Australia is Kerevi
Kerevi hasn’t performed at the test level for years and he doesn’t even play in Australia anymore. To say he is the only test level in Australia is just ridiculous. Does Paisami not exist or something? And what do u mean Foketi isn’t a test level player? Does starting in a world cup LESS THAN A YEAR AGO not classify a test level player? The only reason he wasn’t selected in the squad this year was because he spent half the super rugby season on the sideline with an injury

pnut

Charlie Fox (21)

Just to please all those who think RA spends too much on Tahs recruitment, they're putting forward an offer to Zach Fittler, son of Brad.

I hope the talent ID manager is clearer in his talent assessments than his metaphors:

“It was a bit of a wrap-our-arms-around-him approach, and see whether they bite at that opportunity,” Cleverley said about Fittler.
Waste of money. Again

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
And what do u mean Foketi isn’t a test level player? Does starting in a world cup LESS THAN A YEAR AGO not classify a test level player? The only reason he wasn’t selected in the squad this year was because he spent half the super rugby season on the sideline with an injury.
Given he’s behind Paisami, Stewart and Feluai’i there’s probably more to it than being injured at the start of the season. Last year's WC squad was very poorly selected obviously and the worst ever wallabies squad so that dosent clearly make him test quality for being the 2nd IC in that squad.