• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)
He did coach Fiji to a win over England, win over Australia and was a knock on away from leading Fiji to the Semi Final of a World Cup

I don't think he's a master coach, but he certainly has a better CV than Nick Stiles

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So a substantial number of the Tahs want out, and most of the Rebels would rather play club football then join, combined with results can there be any more evidence that there is a massive culture problem at this club.
Yes, we need a coach with a game plan, the ability to get the best out of individuals as well as the unit, and select well. But if he can't turn the whole culture of this club around (as Cheika did, but not suggesting for a minute he's the only one can do that) he will have the same battle as our past coaches.

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
I sense (without any proof in all honesty) there is meddling from certain personnel, within the Waratahs setup, who should not have the meddling rights.

It is just a feeling.

Is there a bigger dropkick than Morgan Turinui? I’ve long held very little respect for his over inflated opinions but his Dan McKellar comment has to be one of his most stupid and contradictory.
Apparently McKellar would be a great candidate if “his top 2 inches are in it” and if he could get past the hate he has had for the Waratahs because he was part of the Reds and Brumbies coaching staff!!
You absolute clown. Do you not even think of the double standard of yourself?? You played at the Tahs and Reds but somehow managed to get your top 2 inches right and coach at the Rebels.

How you are given a microphone and asked an opinion is beyond me. Why we went away from commentators like Gordon Bray and replaced them with likes of SBW & Turinui, I’ll never understand.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd take Wisemantel and McKellar in a god damn heartbeat.
Why not both. As much as we're focusing on the HC, I feel that it's the whole coaching team that's important. Is Wisemantel only keen on the HC role or would he be happy with an assistant role? I don't know their dynamic but they have worked together.

The All Blacks looked better when Foster brought in Jason Ryan and Joe Schmidt. Everyone acknowledges how Fisher was the life blood of the Brumbies and the impact Palmer had with that club. Even Hewett I feel left his mark... I guess what I'm saying is that HC is only part of the puzzle (a big part I'll admit), but I feel like the collective team almost matters more.

Overtime

Herbert Moran (7)
Well, I have been reading all the comments and it appears that the only good things of note are the two people we have signed Kellaway and Sua'ali'i. Do I think he is worth what Sua'ali'i is reportedly being paid, probably not. Do I think he will make a difference, not unless he gets a good team around him. By gees though, at Wallaby level he may as looking at the recent picks we need a big strong back to take it up the middle because I don't think we have any other than perhaps Ikitau. Though while I rate Ikitau as a solid player I think Sua'ali'i will be better as a battering ram.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think the performances of Raiwalui as head coach are overblown. The media keeps pumping up the win over the wallabies at what World Cup but they did also follow that up by losing to Portugal with a quarter final spot on the line. Not sure he would be the right move.
I hope he is not the coach.

There were plenty of players, assistant coaches and administrators saying that was exactly what would happen.

But hey a bit of old boy networking can be overlooked as well as the stupid comment about McKellar.