• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
the roar reporting Tupou will join the tahs next year
Whilst I'm not going baulk at signing a quality front rower after this season, I do hope he grows up a bit because there's something about his recent play that speaks to a mindset.

Him and Bell spent some time together during their rehab period pre-RWC so hopefully he's a good cultural fit.

I wouldn't mind Sam Talakai returning to the Waratahs either. I feel that he's been playing some of his better Rugby this year.

Homer

Larry Dwyer (12)
Our rehab centre has a good set of props, just not a set of healthy props

At the start of the season it was an area where I really didn't see an issue
Disagree, i think we need a cleanout. I don't believe guys like Holz are up to the standard. Most of them are not scrum dominant, or particularly dominant around the breakdown like the Reds props have been this year. I think Tupou and Bell with Gibbon would be a great start, but it would be awesome to have them backed up by a Amotasero and Canham 2nd row.

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
Disagree, i think we need a cleanout. I don't believe guys like Holz are up to the standard. Most of them are not scrum dominant, or particularly dominant around the breakdown like the Reds props have been this year. I think Tupou and Bell with Gibbon would be a great start, but it would be awesome to have them backed up by a Amotasero and Canham 2nd row.
Bell, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Lambert and Hayden Thomson Stringer are all definitely Super Rugby standard... Tupou and Gibbon would be excellent additions. Holz Botha and Ross are all not at that level unfortunately.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tough call on Holtz, bloke hasn't stepped onto the paddock this year and he's not up to standard! He battled a bit in the scrums in 2022 as a 22 year old, but so do most props at that age, TT being a great example. Not saying he will make it, but he's a huge unit and I want to see how he goes next year before I write him off.
I think with Bell, Lambert and hopefully HTS next year we're fine for LHP's, but THP concerns me. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is only just up to this level, any test standard LHP seems to dominate him, I agree that neither Botha nor Ross are up to it, and I think the jury's out on Holtz. If we were able to secure TT for next year, I think him starting and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) off the bench works pretty well.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Is HTS on a multi year deal?

I would imagine RA would want to be OK-ing as few foreign props as possible with 5 coming onto the market plus Robertson returning for the Force.

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
I bring hope for the next season:
Screenshot-20240528-163532-Instagram.jpg
This didn't age well ......

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah still not seeing what he's supposed to add besides a goalkicking option. McLennan, and I think the NRL in general, fell for the teenage hype big time.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Disagree Derpus. From what I've seen the guy runs strongly, defends strongly and makes some good decisions (obviously excluding last night). I'm not suggesting for a minute he's ready to leap into the Wallabies, but in the Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase)/Suu'ali trade I think we win.
I guess Easts aren't going to have to worry about send-offs like last night, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) hasn't used his shoulder to tackle yet!