• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I dunno - just out if the current test squad as a minimum I’d say Slipper, Frost, McReight, Valetini, Wilson, Gordon, White, Paisami & Wright all clearly improved over time. Tupou took great strides early before injuries appear to have set him back. I’m probably missing a couple.

Out of those it’s only White who improved his game OS.

I get that there are some real issues in Australian rugby and it is frustrating. I don’t understand though the need to shitcan absolutely everything. Doesn’t that just make things more depressing?

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
All the Aussie Super Rugby players should play the NPC and with the money coming from the Lions tour and 2027 RWC, RA should contract all the NPC players who are eligible for Australia. A better investment than sign old NRL superstars

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
All the Aussie Super Rugby players should play the NPC and with the money coming from the Lions tour and 2027 RWC, RA should contract all the NPC players who are eligible for Australia. A better investment than sign old NRL superstars
There is great wisdom in this. Saves money, helps development, freshens players up. Impossible for it to be everyone, but as many as practical is a good start. This combined with a full Australia A program probably could fill the gap a bit until financially the game is in a position to look again at a domestic 3rd tier.

dru

David Wilson (68)
What wisdom from NZRU perspective? What's that? "None", or "going backwards, less than none"? The later I think.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Just like rugby league. Most of the incomes, tickets and sponsorships come from Australia. That's how the Kiwis has a decent pool of professional players with only one professional team. NZRU should be supportive of Australian Rugby. Not even for being a good person, it's rugby disappears in Australia would be a disaster for them in terms of incomes. And soon or later the NRL is gonna chase the NZRU.