• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I know that your post is tongue in cheek but you also need to remember that the Grade GF and the Super Rugby GF are on the same day, so Super Rugby players are highly unlikely to return to Club Rugby at all as they will be playing Super Rugby finals or resting.
Under the current arrangements, the World Cup years are the only ones where we will potentially see the players return post Super season.

There is the June Test window this year though. West Harbour suggested on Facebook that Zac Guildford would be available to play for them during that time.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
And this is official, the new Waratahs jersey:

Waratahs_2015_mens_classic_jersey.jpg

Waratahs_2016_mens_classic_jersey.png

The preseason jersey looks nicer closely:

T

TOCC

Nothing's official until the sponsors logo is slapped on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Does that mean I should not have renewed and so got myself on the list for a phonecall? Don't think I played that phase very well!

Agreed! I always renew early so I've never had a call.

How about calling people who renew early to thank them for their continued support?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Shhh. So far so good. No one is talking up the Waratahs chances this year. In fact they think we'll perform badly.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Shhh. So far so good. No one is talking up the Waratahs chances this year. In fact they think we'll perform badly.

The Achilles heal is at THP. If the first person chosen is the THP and the second most important selection is the reserve THP then we are in very deep do-do unless a couple of players make a huge improvement on their 2015 campaigns.

Compare our situation with the perennial underperformers, the Reds. The first derby scrum could be very ugly.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
The most impressive part of his play was his passing game at first receiver with the second man play. Hopefully the Waratahs utilise this skill.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Ta'avao was doing quite well in the ITM.

But he has to step up his game for Super rugby, especially his scrummaging.

The most impressive part of his play was his passing game at first receiver with the second man play. Hopefully the Waratahs utilise this skill.

This is not the primary job of a THP. If he demolishes every scrum he comes up against then I'll gladly appreciate his second man passing skills as an extra. But I want him to anchor the scrum first and foremost and I don't care if he's a potplant if we dominate the scrum.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Obviously the primary job of THP is not ball-playing but a point of difference is always valuable

It is like saying a girl has a "nice personality" whilst laudable, it doesn't make up for her having a head like a robbers dog.

THP's should be dominant and not a penalty magnet at scrum time and not missing tackles as a pillar

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Buddy it was a pure observation. Obviously the fact he could throw a 20m perfect spiral pass stood out more than adequate scrimmaging- I'm not disputing anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.