• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
From memory JWH was poached from the Tahs Academy a few years back. This is exactly the reason why I think we need 5 teams in Aus - the talent that the mungos have leeched from rugby over the years is shocking. I do find it delicious that SBW is leaving mungo for less cash which was the only drawcard that mungo ever had.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
3 Sunday afternoon games in 2014, it should help bump up the attendance for 3 teams who otherwise may not have been massive draws. Also is there much better than sitting in the afternoon sun with a few cold beers watching rugby?

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
3 Sunday afternoon games in 2014, it should help bump up the attendance for 3 teams who otherwise may not have been massive draws. Also is there much better than sitting in the afternoon sun with a few cold beers watching rugby?

Hmmm, the first one is on 23 Feb - it's not always such fun sitting in the eastern stand of the SFS when it's baking hot...

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
So many questions... Will we play against Benji and/or SBW? Will JOC (James O'Connor) be playing for the Force in our season opener? How will Lachie go at the Reds?

Wow. Getting really excited for next season now. Only 139 days until Sunday February 23!

Ranga

Frank Row (1)
Just noticed the Player profiles have been updated with some new names appearing (if not faces yet). Alofa, Horwitz, Beale, Potgieter, Gray, Lance all added. Peterson and Lucas still there as well.

Absent Friend

Peter Burge (5)
Just noticed the Player profiles have been updated with some new names appearing (if not faces yet). Alofa, Horwitz, Beale, Potgieter, Gray, Lance all added. Peterson and Lucas still there as well.
So does that indicate that Alofa, Horwitz, Lucas and Petersen are 4 of the 5 EPS spots? Still no third hooker.
What happens with Wider Training Group and the proposed Academy comprising a further 10 players (making the full squad 30 +5+10 = 45)?

Ranga

Frank Row (1)
I'd heard Alofa, Horwitz and Lucas all mentioned for EPS spots AF, but had not seen any confirmations or announcements. Peterson seemed to be out of the picture with no discussion of him anywhere.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Force have announced their eps and no Roach in it so looks like he could be staying put in NsW which is good for you guys. We did get Coleman though.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Unless I missed it, this is the first official confirmation that Horwitz has been snared. Like just doesn't do it justice!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Force have announced their eps and no Roach in it so looks like he could be staying put in NsW which is good for you guys. We did get Coleman though.

Where does Roach go now? The Tahs are full for 2014 incl EPS aren't they.

He did some time in Brumbies academy earlier. Will he be heading back down the Hume?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Where does Roach go now? The Tahs are full for 2014 incl EPS aren't they.

He did some time in Brumbies academy earlier. Will he be heading back down the Hume?

On the site there are only 33/35 names and only two hookers. Unless there is another option coming out of the blue I think he's still likely.

Ranga

Frank Row (1)
If Horwitz, Alofa, Lucas and petersen are for the EPS, we should still have one full contract and one EPS. One would have to be a hooker so Roach, Straker or maybe the young bloke from Manly? Porecki?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
If Horwitz, Alofa, Lucas and petersen are for the EPS, we should still have one full contract and one EPS. One would have to be a hooker so Roach, Straker or maybe the young bloke from Manly? Porecki?

Porecki would be a good pick up. There must be some down side to Roach we don't know about. He's increased his physicality noticeably this season, good around the pitch and strong in contact. Strange he hasn't been picked up yet. At this rate he'll likely be another one lost to the NH soon enough.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
IMO,too small to play 2 at the higher level.
Too many ahead of him as a loosie.
Not saying he can't play, just he seems to an in between for those 2 roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.