• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Waratahs twitter confirmed that Falefa is an invited guest at this stage.

The two remaining contracted players are yet to be confirmed.

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
Waratahs twitter confirmed that Falefa is an invited guest at this stage.

The two remaining contracted players are yet to be confirmed.

Gee wiz - breaking a contract (as noted above by fatprop) to be a 'guest player' half-way around the world with no guarantee on contract is big call on him and his manager. I suppose if the opportunity arose, why not...

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Gee wiz - breaking a contract (as noted above by fatprop) to be a 'guest player' half-way around the world with no guarantee on contract is big call on him and his manager. I suppose if the opportunity arose, why not.

Could have been a contributing factor. It's a hell of a gamble but you have to admire his guts if it's a calculated move and he has chosen to back himself.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
you have to admire his guts

That's one way of putting it.

Arriving last summer from Stade Toulousain and labelled as a great hope, Johnson Falefa seemed to put every effort into becoming "persona non grata" at Agen. On Tuesday, the club announced the suspension of the prop for a period of 10 days following behaviour deemed "irresponsible" on his part. Yet another episode in the saga of Falefa at Agen ...​
Reaching Armandie twenty days late and very overweight (at 156 kg) in early July, the player has been distinguished more by his lax attitude and antics on Twitter than his performance on the park. Appearing only three times on the stats sheet for one match (against Bordeaux-Begles and he was out in the 30th minute of the game), the Samoan lost the trust of the staff and exasperated the leadership at the club, and especially Philippe Sella. The director of Rugby SUA summed up his decision to the Daily Sud-Oeust: "He doesn't deserve to be part of the group and has continued to make errors, he is punished."​

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Gee wiz - breaking a contract (as noted above by fatprop) to be a 'guest player' half-way around the world with no guarantee on contract is big call on him and his manager. I suppose if the opportunity arose, why not.

The parting-of-the-ways with Agen was in January, he certainly didn't break that contract to chance his arm with the Tahs.

Anyone know what he's been doing since January?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Hopefully trimming down from 150kg!

Dunno, I'd love to see an impact 150KG prop come on in the 60th and absolutely tear the opposition (except against the Rebels). Then afterwards I would expect him to trot over to the sidelines, grab the nearest beer and pie combo and go to town. A throwback to the olden days...the days when props ruled the world.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He's obviously a massive unit regardless, but surely at 150kg he's got to be 20+kg over his playing weight.

I don't see how he'd be more destructive if he's just overweight even for a short period of time.

Hopefully he can scrum.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
He's obviously a massive unit regardless, but surely at 150kg he's got to be 20+kg over his playing weight.

I don't see how he'd be more destructive if he's just overweight even for a short period of time.

Hopefully he can scrum.

Guess my bad attempt at humor was lost in translation...;)

The guy makes George Rose look anorexic, but he looks solid a the scrum.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Dunno, I'd love to see an impact 150KG prop come on in the 60th and absolutely tear the opposition (except against the Rebels). Then afterwards I would expect him to trot over to the sidelines, grab the nearest beer and pie combo and go to town. A throwback to the olden days.the days when props ruled the world.

How did that work out for Rodzilla?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Hard to tell how big he is without an object in the picture for scale. Such as a small car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.