• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
If you thought our alternate strip was bad check out the charity jumper, it just appeared for sale today:

19704.jpg

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
If you thought our alternate strip was bad check out the charity jumper, it just appeared for sale today:

19704.jpg

Maybe I was the only one in the world who did, but I loved the all-Waratahs floral emblem shirt and hat. I still have the hat (never could afford the shirt) and wear it quite often, though the bogans down here in Adelaide don't have a clue what its all about.

That shirt has one massive problem. Even if you're svelte and toned you look six months pregnant. What were they thinking?

Reactions: gel

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Most of the christmas prep is done, so here's a matchday 23 I'd like to see from the Waratahs:

1 Benn Robinson
2 Tatafu Polota-Nau
3 Sekope Kepu
4 Will Skelton
5 Kane Douglas
6 Jacques Potgieter
7 Michael Hooper
8 Dave Dennis (c)
9 Nick Phipps
10 Bernard Foley
11 Cam Crawford
12 Rob Horne
13 Adam Ashley-Cooper
14 Israel Folau
15 Kurtley Beale

16 Tolu Latu
17 Jeremy Tilse
18 Paddy Ryan
19 Jed Holloway
20 Wycliff Palu
21 Brendan McKibbon
22 Jono Lance
23 Peter Betham
I wouldn't be moving Folau from fullback.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I had heard there was a plan to play AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 12 and move Filou to 13 and see how he goes in that position with Beale to 15
It seems that Cheika is moving them around a bit in the pre-season. I think Lee Grant said KB (Kurtley Beale) had been training at 13. One of the strengths of last season was consistency in selections and under Cheika I would expect that to continue in 2014. I like Folau at fullback and think he's wasted on the wing - at 13 not sure.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

19704.jpg

Can't wait to see I Like to Watch's opinion on this design, which emphasises the girth. Can't see it being popular with those fans who are looking to slim down their middle.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) actually had a good year last year passing wise for the Waratahs.

Yeah, I mean I'd pick him at 13 anyway because I think 9 times out of 10 he's great. Everyone has bad games though and I think that's the reason.

Folau on the wing is only so Beale can be at 15. 14 Folau, 15 Beale >>>> 14 Betham, 15 Folau

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yeah, I mean I'd pick him at 13 anyway because I think 9 times out of 10 he's great. Everyone has bad games though and I think that's the reason.

Folau on the wing is only so Beale can be at 15. 14 Folau, 15 Beale >>>> 14 Betham, 15 Folau
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) did a great job at 13 last year and Folau was a revelation at 15. KB (Kurtley Beale) at 12 would give more options than Horne and would also probably complement AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) more that Horne.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Where to play KB (Kurtley Beale) may be a problem. Folau definitely better at 15 and I liked AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 last year.
It is the kind of problem I like a team to have

There will be injuries

On Beale, I think he is best at 15. Playing there he can be that second playmaker the Tahs lack

Folau can be the floater from 14 out wider

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Early in the season I wouldn't mind if we went;

9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Betham
12. Lance
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Crawford
15. Folau

21. McKibbon
22. Horne
23. Beale - Super sub / Possible third playmaking role late in games at 15. Shifting Folau to 13 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the wing and taking out one of the wingers.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Early in the season I wouldn't mind if we went;

9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Betham
12. Lance
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Crawford
15. Folau

21. McKibbon
22. Horne
23. Beale - Super sub / Possible third playmaking role late in games at 15. Shifting Folau to 13 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the wing and taking out one of the wingers.
I was thinking something very similar to this. Beale as a super sub and able to move into a starting spot if there is a long term injury.

It will be interesting to see who starts at half. McKibbin certainly improved as the year went on in 2013 and Phipps can be good or awful. I always thought that it was a strange signing, but Cheika can obviously see something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.