• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Hangers is one of the best show and go runners in Aus, although that is almost always from 10. He scored 3 from crashing over running from ten in the 2010 season and at least one in 2009. I think he has got crash ball potential, but obviously this would be less effective from 12.

I agree with that. Hangers is a very effective runner from 10 but I don't think he will succeed at 12. Barnes shades him as first pick at 10, but not by very much. I wouldn't play Hangers at 10 and Barnes at 12 because as Fatprop says they are too similar.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I agree. Just get him on the park -- anywhere!!

that seems to be a bit of a problem for Horne. Can't support picking him unless he comes through the Super season injury free. He doesn't seem capable of carrying an injury the way some folk can.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
At least it wasn't his hamstring this time .............. he did struggle to get the ball in attack, but some of his defense was first rate

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
So that makes Hickey, Foley, Wisemantle, Muggleton, Burke and Shirvington?

Do all these assistant coaches add up to one good head coach?

They also have an ex-wallaby prop as scrum coach, but doesn't want publicity about it.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT. guess who this is.

33.jpg

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
saw rob at the V8 race saturday, said he didnt know but was feeling great. not sure what that means if anything at all. was passing the ball around and running with kids and didnt look like he was restricted but playing kids is like playing qld, so not sure if he would be able to play harder games against every other team in the comp.

I think this is a problem called waratah syndrome. My 10 year old brother get's it all the time. I taped the waratahs v brumbies game you see, not sure why but knew it would come in handy some day. Anyway, this one saturday night, he's really tired and starts being troublesome - runs around the house screaming and going ballistic. Nothing will calm him down. So i think - what on earth would? I turn on my DvD player, put the tah's vs brumbies video on, make him watch it, and what do you know, he was calm within 5 asleep in 10 minutes! I never knew such a shit game would come in so handy! Change the rules so they play like that again please IRB!

So how is this relevant? Well if the reds are kids I'm sure they persevered hard for 70 minutes, before eventually succombing just like my little brother. Simple as that. Not there fault that while they where asleep the waratahs scored two quick try's. I personally think it was a professional foul.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
They also have an ex-wallaby prop as scrum coach, but doesn't want publicity about it.

Are you suggesting, numero uno telopea speciosissima, that Michael Foley has been replaced as scrum coach by another Wallaby prop?

I would have thought that Foley was doing a great job with the Waratah pack, although one should never underestimate the capacity of any rugby organisation to self destruct.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Are you suggesting, numero uno telopea speciosissima, that Michael Foley has been replaced as scrum coach by another Wallaby prop?

I would have thought that Foley was doing a great job with the Waratah pack, although one should never underestimate the capacity of any rugby organisation to self destruct.

Can we just call him N.U.T.S. - no way I can type that when I've had a few.
If they chucked Foley, they are, well, nuts. Spot on , Bruce.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Easy on the "chucking Foley" talk - I believe there's zero evidence or even hearsay of this?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Can you get into trouble for this sort of thing on a forum, seems silly, people shouldn't take so much offence to these things

This week has been slow thats why they need to upload more training videos for the the force, tahs, rebels and brumbies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Not from a legal perspective, just from a Cyclo pulled it out of his arse perspective.

Never pretty

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I bet most things coming out of his arse aren't pretty,

his proffesion leads one to believe that he might be interested in things gallivanting around in there ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What-up? Wake up to Friday morning and I'm being dragged, yet again, into another Gagger discussion on arses. Talk to our own Mr Jarse, if you want expert opinion in that domain.
Nice use of word-of-the-week, dobduff! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.