• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree with everything you've just said TBH.

Unfortunately I think the same might happen in 2014. He'll be great in the early rounds and be close to Wallaby selection by the June tests but chances are he'll be just about broken by that point.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah not sure why all the hate towards MMM before his injury he was on fire and there was more than a few reds fans hoping he would return to QLD at years end then he got injured.

I feel he rushed back trying to get into the lions squad and then for the RC which didn't help him at all.

he should be at lock as I feel he doesn't have the motor for 6 anymore but would be more than a handy reserve as lock/6 for the wobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Yeah not sure why all the hate towards MMM before his injury he was on fire and there was more than a few reds fans hoping he would return to QLD at years end then he got injured.

I feel he rushed back trying to get into the lions squad and then for the RC which didn't help him at all.

he should be at lock as I feel he doesn't have the motor for 6 anymore but would be more than a handy reserve as lock/6 for the wobs.

No heat but he got selected off injury in front of Fardy and Kilmen. . And ive always thought Fardy had the goods.. time shown he has...

If MMM can stay fit his in as a contender but same as Kilmen.. and hopefully PK Is back 2015 as every team needs an angry ranga

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
No heat but he got selected off injury in front of Fardy and Kilmen. . And ive always thought Fardy had the goods.. time shown he has.

If MMM can stay fit his in as a contender but same as Kilmen.. and hopefully PK Is back 2015 as every team needs an angry ranga

I agree about him getting picked ahead if Fardy and as I said I think he was rushed back to soon.

On Kimlin we must remember that whilst he was solid all year it wasn't until the Lions game and the finals until he was really on fire and by then he had already signed to leave so you can't really blame the coaches for not picking him.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I agree about him getting picked ahead if Fardy and as I said I think he was rushed back to soon.

On Kimlin we must remember that whilst he was solid all year it wasn't until the Lions game and the finals until he was really on fire and by then he had already signed to leave so you can't really blame the coaches for not picking him.

He actually was selected before fardy but broke his thumb.. Link picked him in the RC Squad. . He was my brumbies big surprise.. I knew about him knew he was good but never exoected how good he was... we wilk miss him

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
He actually was selected before fardy but broke his thumb.. Link picked him in the RC Squad. . He was my brumbies big surprise.. I knew about him knew he was good but never exoected how good he was. we wilk miss him

Yeah after the lions game he was a beast but was also prone to the odd Brain fart.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I'm starting to think there isn't a spot for Lealiifano in a Wallabies side that has both Cooper and To'omua.
Bench 2013 form but if his ankle comes good his as good or if not better then both.. 2012 Leo id have before both copper and To'omua.. He was that good ...

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Not with the way Godwin came on the scene last year.

His a dark horse in a strong race who would want to be the coach who tells Godwin Leo or To'omua there not good enough.. forget the pressure on cooper there its a great problem

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bench 2013 form but if his ankle comes good his as good or if not better then both.. 2012 Leo id have before both copper and To'omua.. He was that good.

I don't know if 2012 Lealiifano was better than 2013 Cooper. I'd say they're pretty even.
Really I'd say the only spot for him is 12, and he should only really be getting it if To'omua or Horne isn't in that spot.

Not with the way Godwin came on the scene last year.

I'm happy to give the guy a shot, but I'm also worried about smashing him. He should get a couple of starts on the EOYT this year.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

I don't know if 2012 Lealiifano was better than 2013 Cooper. I'd say they're pretty even.
Really I'd say the only spot for him is 12, and he should only really be getting it if To'omua or Horne isn't in that spot.

I'm happy to give the guy a shot, but I'm also worried about smashing him. He should get a couple of starts on the EOYT this year.

Really Leo was amazing 2012.. we were martching.. if he gets that form back he will be in the team..

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I do say thought that 10 can be filled by Quade (1) Foley To'omua Leo

then 12 we have To'omua Leo McCabe Horne Godwin Taps ... its a great problem to have... even throw Ashley Cooper in there for good measure

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Look if I got to pick my team it would be somthing sad like this

1 Sio 2 Moore 3Alexander
4 Carter 5 Horwill
6 Fardy 8Mowen 7Poecock
9Genia
10 Leo or Cooper (probably Cooper first by a none tosser vote.. for now)
11Speight
12 To'omua
13 Kirduranisidfasfasfas
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Mogg
15 Izzy

Can you tell Im a brumbies fan :)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mine isn't too different

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Fardy
6. Higgenbotham
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Folau
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Mogg

My captain is Cooper, despite the personal doubts I have about him I think that if he's truly turned around then he is a good choice. If not, then give it to Higgenbotham.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Mine isn't too different

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Fardy
6. Higgenbotham
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Folau
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Mogg

My captain is Cooper, despite the personal doubts I have about him I think that if he's truly turned around then he is a good choice. If not, then give it to Higgenbotham.
Nice Team :)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Mine isn't too different

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Fardy
6. Higgenbotham
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Folau
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Mogg

Not enough brumbies...

T

Train Without a Station

Not sure where all this love for Sio as a test starter is coming from. He was great for the Brumbies, but really struggled for the Wallabies, hence why he was dropped from the squad completely. I'm not sure he is going to be able to become a world beater in 18 months. Will likely be pushing for a bench spot.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Not sure where all this love for Sio as a test starter is coming from. He was great for the Brumbies, but really struggled for the Wallabies, hence why he was dropped from the squad completely. I'm not sure he is going to be able to become a world beater in 18 months. Will likely be pushing for a bench spot.
Well im a brumbies fan that explains me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.