• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales Game 2 Sat 13 July Melbourne

capalaba

Sydney Middleton (9)
Got the win, the game was shit!
Lolesio, centres, maul, both defence and attack and Wright all weak.
Slipper was disappointing, maybe the captain but his entire game was shit, Kailea played better from the bench.
Donaldson needs to start, Hodgman needs to be selected give Slipper a rest, Lynagh from the bench, I have no fucken idea what to do with our centres.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I really like Lolesio, and I hope this doesn’t come off as an anti-Brumbies shot because it really isn’t, I solely have my Wallabies hat on here. Maybe a trend has formed now under a few national coaches; I’m just not sure he’s it at this level. Donaldson and Lynagh absolutely may not be either, but I think we need to give them their shots next.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Poor lineout tonight, inadequate maul defence and lack of penetration by either of Williams and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) demand some changes to the second row. I think any of Smith, Holloway or Swain would give us a bit more command of the lineout and maul. Pity Smith has been released from the squad and the others aren't even in it.

I agree that Donaldson really needs to be given a starting spot to see what he can contribute. Saying that, Lolesio has improved this year from the last couple, but still not quite up to what is needed.

Full marks to Jake Gordon for his opportunist try, but his service from the base of the ruck is woeful. I do also like his clearance kicks for touch from our red zone. More distance and not so much height as with a box kick.

I think the replacement front row completely outplayed the starting three. Kailea is really looking good and his hits must hurt. Allan A was back to top form in his stint too. Fes was definitely off his game tonight.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
A win is a win is a win.
Scrappier. Maul defence needs a LOT of work - really no structure to it.
Details not done as well as last week but pretty poor conditions.
Surprised Lolesio was not subbed earlier - he was played about 10-15 mins too long at least. Not his best game tonight.
Good things? Valetini is a freak, what a motor. McReight and Cale both with plenty of good. Scrum good early but got a bit scrappy later. Lineout pressure good. Daugunu has a great work-rate.
Ikitau is needed. I thought Flook looked OK with the very few opportunities he had with the ball. Paisami with some good, some bad.
We lost those games in recent years, so there is something good to take out of that.