• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
This is mostly off form
At least gives some good line out options and goalkickers

1. Slipper
2. Faesslar
3. AAA
4. Rodda
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. Lonergan
10. Lolesio
11. Toole
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright
16. Uelese
17. Gibbon
18. Tupou
19. Frost
20. Cale
21. McDermott
22. Donaldson
23. Flook

Not sure about the locks
Assume Bell, Petaia, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Lonergan L, Porecki, Wilson all out are no overseas picks

Last edited:

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not sure Holloway is a front line option at lock in internationals, but even if he is he's a ways down the form chart at this point.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Golly I needed these threads to start having been in on the Tahs so far in 2024.

My starting Second Row would be Rodda & Swain.

I think Holloway is a good chance for the bench. Given his ability to cover 4,5,6,8 and has proven to be a good line out option if a lock or Wright came off who would be your primary options.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Golly I needed these threads to start having been in on the Tahs so far in 2024.

My starting Second Row would be Rodda & Swain.

I think Holloway is a good chance for the bench. Given his ability to cover 4,5,6,8 and has proven to be a good line out option if a lock or Wright came off who would be your primary options.
He's definitely in the conversation there, though I'd have Uru and Hooper ahead of him in that role at this point. Possibly Frost as well (if not at lock), given his recent turn at 6. Then you get to Leota and Holloway who are on pretty even footing but offer something a bit different to each other in that role. All that's to say if Holloway is picked it won't be on form as much as experience and potential, which aren't always bad reasons to pick someone.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Smokies I want to see are Ryan Smith and Liam Wright, what they do isn’t sexy but it’s good old fashion graft

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I was a big Frost fan but I've gone a bit off him due to some defence and the in close stuff. Probably a reason for his stints at 6. I think the likes of Rodda (fit), Swain, Hooper and even Smith offer more as starting options to get through the hard work. Hooper is a big human who's also athletic which is the point of difference Frost offers. Frost will still be in the squad, I just don't know if he's better than the other options at the moment. You need a hard pack in Test footy.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Been seeing a bunch of ads for this test match (not the one in Melb the week after) on up & down Collins Street in Melbourne, which is cool but a little jarring considering the state of rugby in Melbourne.

Wallabies

Herbert Moran (7)
Smokies I want to see are Ryan Smith and Liam Wright, what they do isn’t sexy but it’s good old fashion graft
Not Really keen on Ryna coming into wallabies just yet, better to run the safer side of things and give him one more year in super rugby

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I would prefer Uru to Hollaway as the more dynamic LH lock, as to the bench lock ... I think it should be a TH lock with the bench backrower being a 5/6 option

capalaba

Chris McKivat (8)
This is mostly off form
At least gives some good line out options and goalkickers

1. Slipper
2. Faesslar
3. AAA
4. Holloway
5. Frost
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. Lonergan
10. Lolesio
11. Toole
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright
16. Uelese
17. Gibbon
18. Tupou
19. Rodda
20. Cale
21. McDermott
22. Donaldson
23. Flook

Not sure about the locks
Assume Bell, Petaia, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Lonergan L, Porecki, Wilson all out are no overseas picks
Bring Tupou into the starting lineup and AAA off the bench. Lonergan and Gibbon???? Do you only watch the Rebels?

Gibbon offers nothing, bring in Hodgman on the bench, he is like anither looseforward. And replace Lonergan with either White or Gordon. Seriously no Uru???

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Bring Tupou into the starting lineup and AAA off the bench. Lonergan and Gibbon???? Do you only watch the Rebels?

Gibbon offers nothing, bring in Hodgman on the bench, he is like anither looseforward. And replace Lonergan with either White or Gordon. Seriously no Uru???
I mean you could post your team, it's just an opinion

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)

its my opinion, you have a go