• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v USA Eagles, 5th September, Soldier Field, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Penalty try coming up? Nup - Easy Meat Pie for Bernard Foley to step and stroll over under the chopsticks. AUS 7 - USA 0 after 9 minutes.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Should we bother with box kicks at this stage really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say no, but they should use this game to try things they've been working on in practice. Probably see a few experimental things. A good box kick has its place. That one wasn't though!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Unfortunate bounce from that kick from Beale, looked great off the boot then just straightened.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Fanga Phipps gets his own meat pie from backing up Cliffy Palu. 15 minutes. AUS 12 - USA 0 ktc.

Foley converts. AUS 14 USA 0.

Peterson returns from naughty boys corner. USA back to 15 players.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
I would say no, but they should use this game to try things they've been working on in practice. Probably see a few experimental things. A good box kick has its place. That one wasn't though!

Yeah I agree - as long as we can stick to an approach and not get into a rabble. We have a tendency to play down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great try from a nothing kick, but I gotta say, that looked a lot like a block/shephard from McMahon to create the space for Foley.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I really want rugby to grow in North America, but I have to say the NBC commentators are not helping. They've are real bad.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
USA with a lot of possession and two advantages for offside.

They are taking the points from 40m out.

How confusing are those NFL markings?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
If Manu Samoa had regained that knock up from a Foley pass, it might have been dangerous.

USA defence has been good off phase ball, Clark saying that Phil Bailey is the defensive coach, so that's unsurprising.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
USA pressure Phipps and turn over the ball. They are pressuring the rucks well.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Some big tackles from the US as Gits gets hit (well, eaten by the US 12) then Foley tries a chip and chase but it's well covered.

The US have been caught short on occasion but their line speed is good and we're not running through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.