• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Scotland, Murrayfield, Sun 30th Oct, 3.30am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well you all know i think Wright should be stamped NPA, backs bench a bit limited, i would have Hodge otherwise pretty much as expected

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Wright is clearly a incredibly gifted athlete. If he can get his head right I think he will really give test rugby a shake up.

Excited for McDermott to get a start. Pumped that Jock is finally getting a look in while equally excited to see what Banks will bring at this level now. Also keen to see what Frost will bring against the Northerners.

I reckon it's an exciting team, fingers crossed that they gel.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Kinda hate it.

Rest looks pretty good though. As good as it gets at the moment you'd think. Keen for Campbell to get some well earned time.

Barring Wright it's a team I like. Yes I get the Foley thing but he did seem likely to be the one. I would have swapped Tate and White but it works for me.

Pleased to see Holloway at 6 - this reads as planning for Skelton in the row.

Awesome to see Campbell at 23, hope he gets some time.

Sword of Justice

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Happy with the selection like Tate, but I'm finding Rennies selections inconsistent and a bit erratic.

A man getting a bit desperate?

Tate - Foley the most unkown/inexperienced combination available. They are facing a massive uphill battle to play cohesively. Would love to be proven wrong.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
well you all know i think Wright should be stamped NPA, backs bench a bit limited, i would have Hodge otherwise pretty much as expected

I missed the Hodge omission - yes we'd be stronger with him, but how would you fit Campbell? There's not a lot of back up in the centres.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
That team is missing any go forward beyond Valetini.

Koroibete, Kerevi, Leota, Skelton & Bell would make that team so much more threatening.

Well for a positive spin, imagine if all those blokes were eligible for selection, makes the side pretty good. At least we have a lot to look forward to.

A number of those players have a number of decent few years in Gold as well ahead of them.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looking back there seemed to be some clues in the media that Tate would get a run...

I'm happy to see both Lolesio and Campbell on the bench.

I was initially surprised by Wright's continued inclusion, but with both Koroibete and Petaia unavailable it makes sense.

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
Yes when you consider who is out it is a pretty good team. Imagine just swapping in cooper, kerevi and koribete into the back line

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's an interesting and somewhat unexpected side. Tate getting a start was a surprise, as was Hooper straight back in at 7. All I can say about Wright is that he'd better show some brains out there.

I think in attack this team could be anything, but they also need discipline and smarts on the other side of the ball.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Both centres can play in the opposite position. Noah can play 12, Kellaway can play 13, Campbell can play on the wing, as can Banks and Foley can play 15 and even 12 at a pinch.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Both centres can play in the opposite position. Noah can play 12, Kellaway can play 13, Campbell can play on the wing, as can Banks and Foley can play 15 and even 12 at a pinch.

Swapping centres doesn't provide cover without a back up. Noah to 12 is a stretch in my view, moreso Foley. I'm less worried about wings but the centre depth looks problematic to me if there is an injury. Yes it looks like Foley/Lolo to back up the centres. Cross fingers Paisami and Ikitau hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.