• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v France 3rd Test - 21 June Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the pack against the Argies in 2012 was bigger with Timani at 6
Dunno where I'd get figures for 2012, but according to current sources (including wiki, so...y'know...)

2012 vs Arg
1. Slipper
2. TPN
3. BenA -- 117kg
4. Douglas -- 123kg (wiki)
5. Sharpe -- 115kg (wiki)
6. Timani -- 126kg (wiki)
7. Hooper
8. Samo -- 117kg (wiki)

Excluding same players: 598kg

vs

2014 vs France
1. Slipper
2. TPN
3. Kepu -- 125kg
4. Simmons -- 115kg
5. Skelton -- 140kg
6. Fardy -- 110kg
7. Hooper
8. Palu -- 116kg

Excluding same players: 606kg

But yeah, Skelton and Kepu aside the 2012 pack was heavier. Bit surprised to see Palu outweighed there. As to whether Slipper, TPN and Hooper are heavier now than their 2012 versions, I have no idea.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I like to see Skelton at the starting XV. Is the perfect game to examine their performance in the Wallaby jersey

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think we will see a hybrid game plan of tests one and two.

Try to exert forward dominance. Kick for the corners when nothing is on but use the ball quickly when we have the back pedalling.

Hopefully also some counter attack with an extra man back in kick returns (should be Foley most of the time).

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
And for the record I did pay particular attention to Horwill early, though beers and mates got in the way as the game wore on.

I did notice him get over the gain line twice and also hit a ruck and take a player out and put him on the ground. Seemed effective what I did see anyway.

Qwerty51's trawling is getting a good catch;)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I know! $1 million is ridiculous. Surely we could get Palmer to sign for, like, $250k and a weekly meat tray.

;)

still a potplant unless he has improved his play OS - Think Kepu is doing a good job at THP - certainly a better allround performer than Palmer

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Dan Palmer seemed to get mentioned a lot in the French Press while playing overseas. My Franglais is rusty so I am not entirely sure what the articles were about, but I could recognise his name.

With his experience both here in Oz and overseas, he would be ideal to slot straight into Camp Wallaby. We should be able to get him rather cheaply, but I wouldn't recommend him going straight on to a Wallaby top up. I reckon match payments only, until he gets a few more caps.

Anyone know when he is coming home?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It seems to me that Horwill is firmly on the outer in Wallaby selection.

Link seems to be looking for a replacement and probably found one in Carter. Now big Will gets a shot and some experience at the top level.

Simmo has locked down one starting lock spot.

Horwill seems like an each way bet for Link - until someone better comes along. Carter, Jones and now Will. He certainly will not be feeling the love.

Was a bit surprised about Higgers being dropped BUT he really didn't do anything last week to displace Mccalman, Fardy (now one of first picked) or Palu

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
chuck norris doesn't kick the ball to convert goals.

he just looks at the ball and then at the goalposts and the ball kicks itself over.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interesting that Carter and Big Willy got a start to prove themselves and Jones only got a 15 minute cameo in snooze fest. Still, fair enough they want to try them all out and it's safer to keep Horwill around for experience.

Hopefully Skelton fronts up and does some damage to the french forwards, some front foot ball would be nice again this test. I'll be interested to see how long he lasts before he's hooked.

If it's going well hopefully Sio and Weeks get a bit of time on the field too.

It might have looked liked a snooze fest from your vantage point, but on the other side of the white line Jones was working manfully in the tight. His pass to Folau on the sideline was the wrong decision, but the rest of his time on the field was hard work. It was no "cameo". Brief...perhaps. But he did more than you are inferring.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
You don't red card Chuck Norris, you card the other guy for being to stupid to not just give him the ball.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

You red card the other guy for trying to headbutt Chuck's foot during a roundhouse kick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm saving this post for posterity.

jack-nicholson-sticking-finger-flipping-bird.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.