• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies Tri Nations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
That would allow AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to play 13

Hynes at 15 allows for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) might not be a long term 13 due to his lack of passing, but he offers more than Horne.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
very interesting:

Fullback
Adam Ashley-Cooper
Kurtley Beale
James O’Connor
Wing
Digby Ioane
Peter Hynes
OC
Rob Horne
IC
Berrick Barnes
Anthony Fainga'a
Matt Giteau
FH
Quade Cooper
SH
Luke Burgess
Will Genia
Richard Brown
OS
Matt Hodgson
David Pocock
BS
Rocky Elsom
Scott Higginbotham
Lock
Mark Chisholm
Ben McCalman
Dean Mumm
Nathan Sharpe
Rob Simmons
THP
James Slipper
Salesi Ma’afu
LHP
Ben Daley
Benn Robinson
Hooker
Saia Fainga'a
Stephen Moore

One of the two remaining spots must be an outside back, so are they still considering Drew and Lachie? Or is it Shepherd, perhaps more realistically.

The other spot must be for TPN right? He's playing for Parra this weekend. PErhaps there is still hope?

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure about that. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the best under the high ball. And this is the sort of game you will expect the Boks to play lots of kicking and high balls.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Props
Robinson, Ma'afu, Slipper, Daley

Hookers
Moore, Fa'ainga

Locks
Sharpe, Simmons, Chisholm, Mumm

Loosies
Pocock, Hodgson, Higginbotham, McCalman, Elsom, Brown

Halfbacks
Genia, Burgess

Inside Backs
Giteau, Cooper, Barnes, Fa'ainga

Outside Backs
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Hynes, Beale, Horne, Ioane, O'Connor

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Hynes is pretty good under the high ball as well.

RR,

I think you are right. They are waiting to choose between Mitchell and Shepherd for the last outside back, and see how TPN goes for the last forward. Not sure what they do if he isn't available though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Hynes is the best 15 in the country at counter attack whilst still being safe under the high ball and in defense.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is better under the high ball, great in defence but kicks too often and when he counters he doesn't pass but could be useful at 13.

Beale is solid under the high ball, OK in defense and plays as a second 10 in attack.

D

David

Hynes is the best 15 in the country at counter attack whilst still being safe under the high ball and in defense.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is better under the high ball, great in defence but kicks too often and when he counters he doesn't pass but could be useful at 13.

Beale is solid under the high ball, OK in defense and plays as a second 10 in attack.

Good post FP, I for one really like this variance of players we have that can play fullback. JOC (James O'Connor) is in there too but for me the only two players I would go with in the tri-nations is ACC and Hynes because both have great defence, which I place a lot of importance on. With that said JOC (James O'Connor) hasn't done anything to warrant getting dropped so it should be interesting.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Wow interesting squad. I like the selections made and the fact that players who are not up to it at the moment have been dropped. The make up for the first team should be very interesting as alot of players are on equal terms with each other.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wow interesting squad. I like the selections made and the fact that players who are not up to it at the moment have been dropped. The make up for the first team should be very interesting as alot of players are on equal terms with each other.

Ah... Giteau?

D

daz

Just bring Anthony Fainga'a straight in and get it settled. We need to get the backline coherent sooner rather than later.

I know that I should be impartial here, but holy mother of gawd, it is fan-bloody-tastic to see Ant Finger in the squad.....

That's all.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am officially off this bandwagon. who wants to buy 4 tickets to Wobs V Boks in Brisbane?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The problem with being impartial is trying to find an alternatitive Daz. I just wish they had the sense to do it in the beginning. Fainga'a would be 4 tests wiser. It would be great to see the boys outside him shine for the simple reason that he understands how to play alongside Cooper.

D

David

I am officially off this bandwagon. who wants to buy 4 tickets to Wobs V Boks in Brisbane?

Because a lacklustre Mitchell failed to make the squad?

The problem with being impartial is trying to find an alternatitive Daz. I just wish they had the sense to do it in the beginning. Fainga'a would be 4 tests wiser. It would be great to see the boys outside him shine for the simple reason that he understands how to play alongside Cooper.

+1, have 2 playmakers just doesn't seem to be working, looking at the boks and Ab's they only have 1 playmaker.

D

daz

Agree with that Ruggo. Part of the problem is that no-one knows what QC (Quade Cooper) is going to do from play to play. I can't really blame Gits for that as it is like watching two alpha dogs trying to assert themselves. At least Ant knows which line is most likely to be used.

I would also add that as a defender, he is a warrior.

And anyway, to hell with it. Why can't I just be friggin' happy to see the kid hit the big time? :)

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Excuse my ignorance but why do we have to name a squad for the entire Tri-Nations? Why cant we take it one game at a time and select whoever is playing best / drop any non-performers? Is it actually a SANZAR rule that the squad has to be named? If so, what happens if you lose all your props? Do you have to apply for squad replacements?

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
I agree it's great to see A.Fainga'a get a go, although I think it will be largely to put a scare into Gits, if he's in the squad he has a shot.

I quite like the selection of McCalman, I think he could be a real chance of at least a bench possie. I'd love to see him get a run in place of Brown, though this should have happened in the June tests if it was going to.

Higgers is in there to gee up Rock I think. I hope. He has some impressive ball-running attributes, but by God, all of us have been criticising the tight work of the Wobs pack. Higgers is worse than useless in tight, he went absolutely missing for long sections of S14 games, and he doesn't seem to know yet how big he is.

I abso-fucking-lutely can't believe ditching both Mitchell and Turner :angryfire: - 2 of the best Super 14 wingers, both played blinders at club level, yeah Mitchell's been crap in the June tests but really? Out of the squad? The lack of options plus as FP noted only 28 men means one of Shepherd, Turner and Mitchell will likely get the nod, but what does Turner need to do to get a run? Better defensively (statistically at least) than all the others, scores tries, quick, adaptable (see outside centre work)...

Noddy/Reg, I thought TPN was booked in for surgery next week? Or is that if he can't play the 80 this weekend? It makes sense to keep a spot open for him if he's even a vague chance. Regardless, suspect it'll be a front rower who comes in.

D

David

No, because I dont want to go to brisbane to see the Wallabies get flogged. He says that he is doing his best but still chooses A RETARD FLYHALF THAT FUCKS THE TEAM UP AND IS NO USE DEVELOPING BECAUSE HE IS HEADED FOR GAOL ANYWAY.

Don't be so ignorant, QC (Quade Cooper) is the best 10 in the country at this time, is he a long term 10? I tend to think he will head down the Spencer path, but at this time he is the best and the best by quite a distance.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
You must have been watching different games to me, because the flyhalf that I have seen has been one of the Wallabies best players, and a big reason we have got over the line a few times.

Perhaps you think that the entire Waratahs line up should be the one in the same Wallabies line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.