• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies Ratings Post Samoa 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways, McCabe didn't disappoint me... constantly straightening the attack from our poor sideways play, made some good tackles, broke the gain line, some nice passes, took some big hits himself and got back on his feet and kept going...

He probably appeared in more rucks than many of our forwards...

He will/should definitely be on the bench for the Wobs... however, I think he did so much more than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) that I think he will (and should) at some point get an opportunity at 13...

What impresses me about him is that he has the nerve of a seasoned test player, yet is only in his second year of SupeRugby...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In regards to the backline - they weren't all that bad... our biggest problem was with the forwards, but the backs did some good, and some bad...

Giteau seems to be copping a lot of shit, but we all know he's not our premier flyhalf... however, he wasn't all that bad and his general play kicking was quite good...

He made a few bad passes, but so did a number of players including Genia...

Davies needs to learn to run straight... he got a case of Giteau's crabs...

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s lack of passing really bugged me, which it usually doesn't... I knew everytime he was going to half-dummy, straighten into the slight gap, fend... get tackled... made some metres but not penetrative enough...

Ioane was pretty faultless... did what was expected...

Gerrard's kicking is always good... actually made a couple of good runs followed by bad decisions, and if only he'd have passed inside to McCabe after that break...

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
This game really, really reminded me of the Reds vs Brumbies in 2010 and the second Reds/Brumbies game this year.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I can't believe a plank like Timani is playing for the Wallabies while one of the stand out locks in the Super 14 - AWH - was left out of the squad altogether. Another year of poor selections under Deans - and in a World Cup year too!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't believe a plank like Timani is playing for the Wallabies while one of the stand out locks in the Super 14 - AWH - was left out of the squad altogether. Another year of poor selections under Deans - and in a World Cup year too!

AWH never really stood out for the Brumbies in the Super 14...

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Phipps is clearly too slow and his Super 15 team finished last. He plays a good 10 man rugby game, he will improve but unless his pace gets quicker wrong style of half for me. McCabe is one dimensional and you can read him like a book, better at fullback were he can hit the line at more pace. Also his Super 15 team was close to the bottom as well.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Phipps is clearly too slow and his Super 15 team finished last. He plays a good 10 man rugby game, he will improve but unless his pace gets quicker wrong style of half for me. McCabe is one dimensional and you can read him like a book, better at fullback were he can hit the line at more pace. Also his Super 15 team was close to the bottom as well.

McCabe is definitely a much better centre, and played fairly well in a crap team yesterday.

I don't know what his team finishing badly has to do with his personal form?

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
Get rid of elsom, he is an overrated rockstar who thinks he is better than everyone else. He is only going to have a negative influence on the team, just like he has with the brumbies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

Talk about :fishing

Agree with Richo this is getting very tiring.

Also to people who think McCabe is 'one-dimensional', who else would you have at 12? Just interested because it clearly wouldn't be the equally one-dimensional Fainga'a. Obviously they must favour the dual playmaker setup.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
He was yes, but so was Sam Wykes and Hugh Pyle. Wykes in particular should have been named.

Not that any of them would of made a difference. Tonga would be annoyed

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Agreed!

I do think Giteau cops too much flak. he's not that bad! in fact he's still bloody good! and as noted above, he's not the starting 10. he's got better defence than the other reserve 10 options that is for sure.

timmy horan looks to be right with his call that genia is pretty irrecplaceable.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He was yes, but so was Sam Wykes and Hugh Pyle. Wykes in particular should have been named.

Not that any of them would of made a difference. Tonga would be annoyed

Pyle might be unlucky, but he'd replace Mumm in the squad, not Timani...

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Timani has been in blinding form for the Tah's. Yes he had a shocking debut but he isn't the first player to have a shocker in his first cap to then become one of our greats. Anyone remember QC (Quade Cooper)'s debut for the Wallabies? What about Giteau?

Let the lad build his confidence in the greater squad and come the Lions tour he will be one of our key forwards.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Timani has been in blinding form for the Tah's. Yes he had a shocking debut but he isn't the first player to have a shocker in his first cap to then become one of our greats. Anyone remember QC (Quade Cooper)'s debut for the Wallabies? What about Giteau?

Let the lad build his confidence in the greater squad and come the Lions tour he will be one of our key forwards.

yep, he came on and scored a match winning try.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Talk about :fishing

Agree with Richo this is getting very tiring.

Also to people who think McCabe is 'one-dimensional', who else would you have at 12? Just interested because it clearly wouldn't be the equally one-dimensional Fainga'a. Obviously they must favour the dual playmaker setup.

So you can't suggest a player who had nothing but positive impact in all the games he has played this year because he plays for the team you support? There is nothing wrong with the suggestion of AWH and your suggestion of fishing is somewhat dilusional.

Hint, hint, the petty little snipes at Fainga'a are also getting tiring. One dimensional or not, both him and McCabe are bloody good players.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Especially Wykes, but also Pyle, wouldn't have helped us in the tight and in the rucks where we struggled in that game. Timani was like Davies, good Super season and deserved a crack. Both deserve another shot later on too, but not before the WC - it's a WC year, there's limited preparation, and there are no inbound tests. Both should be EOYT dirt trackers. Same probably goes for Phipps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.