• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Compelling. Still, there are other rugby markets that would have him and keep him a lot closer to the two biggest things in our sport. Both of which are bigger than anything the titans have done or will ever do.

Maybe I just can’t fathom why someone would want to take qantas flights around the burbs of Australia when you could play in Japan or France and maintain some international relevance.
As Braveheart said, from previous chatter, there's a very reasonable chance he wanted a move back to Qld, the Reds didn't want him, and this was a means to that end.

The whole 'love for the game' argument is something so far removed from professionalism. I love the industry I work in, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't consider a move to an adjacent industry where my skills would still be applicable if it satisfied other wants or needs in my life - especially if I was disillusioned with elements of my current workplace.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
He's relocated at 19 to another city, made things work with his Queensland based girlfriend, gotten to play with his brother, got a clear undisputed run at his preferred position for 2 very very good seasons, after the COVID seasons where for the Rebels absolutely nothing was anything resembling normal, got thrown into the deep end at the WC highlighting his lack of guidance onto the international stage, and dealt with the death of his club, something I think maybe... 6 or 7 teams worth of players have ever experienced? Probably in a way worse than any of the English ones too, as they've all died pretty much instantly.

Going home for a couple of years sounds pretty fucking good to me.

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
As Braveheart said, from previous chatter, there's a very reasonable chance he wanted a move back to Qld, the Reds didn't want him, and this was a means to that end.

The whole 'love for the game' argument is something so far removed from professionalism. I love the industry I work in, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't consider a move to an adjacent industry where my skills would still be applicable if it satisfied other wants or needs in my life - especially if I was disillusioned with elements of my current workplace.
Tough to love the game with what he has endured the last 12 months

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
People are forgetting he was one of the only Rebels players who was too upset to play against the Drua after the meeting with RA. From all reports him and Mason were very happy with Melbourne and didn't want to go anywhere.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
The key quote from Carter Gordon in the release from the Titans was “I’m excited with the direction that rugby league is taking and the positive feeling around the game.” That's a fairly pointed comment I would think.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Moving for the same money and missing a BIL tour and essentially making himself last in line for the World Cup if he were to decide to return is not a good look for us as Rugby enjoyers.

Yes, it is 2024 but there is an element of love for the game that must be missing here and I don’t think that’s nothing when it comes to weighing up how much of a loss this is for us.

Hard to love the game with what CG has been through over the last 12-18 months.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence..... Unless you have actual insight into what conversations have/haven't been had, and what deals have/haven't been made, I don't think this is a fair comment.

Utter nonsense. Any business in these situations will (should) have a war room where confidentially possible outcomes are actively being worked through and plans put in place. How many Rebel players have had announcements at this point? It should have been well advanced - at least in terms of what they would offer and prefered outcomes.

Against all thought through outcomes.

Compelling. Still, there are other rugby markets that would have him and keep him a lot closer to the two biggest things in our sport. Both of which are bigger than anything the titans have done or will ever do.

Maybe I just can’t fathom why someone would want to take qantas flights around the burbs of Australia when you could play in Japan or France and maintain some international relevance.

HE's been willing to leave family and friends to follow opportunities where rugby ws the dedication. He's built his platform to international level , only to be completely fucked over by RA and EJ (Eddie Jones). His club has proven inept/corrupt with RA working more on what works for them than what works for the players. He's been so fucked over the bloke ... (not continuing that thinking) ...

Right now, CG has not got an opinion on "bigger", he has a lot of thinking on "(more) stable".

For clarity, this is not specifically RA responsibility, it's just that they a far from squeaky clean.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
The key quote from Carter Gordon in the release from the Titans was “I’m excited with the direction that rugby league is taking and the positive feeling around the game.” That's a fairly pointed comment I would think.

Yes, I'm sure the League PR team took a long time to write it. "Just read this please Gordie ..."

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Utter nonsense. Any business in these situations will (should) have a war room where confidentially possible outcomes are actively being worked through and plans put in place. How many Rebel players have had announcements at this point? It should have been well advanced - at least in terms of what they would offer and prefered outcomes.

My point being that just because we haven't heard of movements and signings (literally less than one week after the Rebels last game) doesn't mean they aren't happening....

dru

Tim Horan (67)
My point being that just because we haven't heard of movements and signings (literally less than one week after the Rebels last game) doesn't mean they aren't happening....

Any war room pacing this stuff out would surely have seen that time was of the essence. No, it doesn't mean they aren't happening. This doesn't mean that right now RA has not lost control of the narrative.

What does this even mean?

My friend, clearly my language skills are not up to scratch as I feel it says exactly what I intended.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Which unsigned players are the priorities? Lukhan Salakaia-Loto presumably at the top of the list.

There's a bunch of players already signed for 2025. Now clearly those contracts will be with a different team and that will certainly give the players an out if they want to leave but likewise that should be a fairly orderly process.

My friend, clearly my language skills are not up to scratch as I feel it says exactly what I intended.

It seems largely meaningless if you aren't willing to expand on it.

Sword of Justice

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hard to love the game with what CG has been through over the last 12-18 months.

HE's been willing to leave family and friends to follow opportunities where rugby ws the dedication. He's built his platform to international level , only to be completely fucked over by RA and EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones). His club has proven inept/corrupt with RA working more on what works for them than what works for the players. He's been so fucked over the bloke ... (not continuing that thinking) ...

Right now, CG has not got an opinion on "bigger", he has a lot of thinking on "(more) stable".

For clarity, this is not specifically RA responsibility, it's just that they a far from squeaky clean.
yeah mate by no means am I arguing with that. I don't think any of the regular posters here know his reasons but if he's moving back for family then my estimation of him only increases from a very high base.

All I'm saying is that if his heart is not in it, then maybe it looks worse than it actually is for Wallabies fans. He definitely has myriad reasons to not owe RA anything. No disputes here.

My secondary point is only that it's a shame this has happened. The Titans may be the most irrelevant organisation in Australia. No blame on Carter.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Which unsigned players are the priorities? Lukhan Salakaia-Loto presumably at the top of the list.

There's a bunch of players already signed for 2025. Now clearly those contracts will be with a different team and that will certainly give the players an out if they want to leave but likewise that should be a fairly orderly process.

It seems largely meaningless if you aren't willing to expand on it.

I expanded excatly to the degree that you commented.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Some players want to play for Australia
Some players want to play for cash

This is a great character test.

See ya mate, enjoy those NRL bickies out at penriff park when the Wallabies are playing the BIL's in front of 100k at the MCG next year.
Maybe his life goal in rugby simply to play for his country.

He may have achieved his goal and now is possibly after a new challenge.

When was the last Union to League international? This may be his next challenge for himself, to be a dual international, I don't watch league and dont care for the sport, but good luck to him, it is also possible that he realises being good at both codes may also help him get into broadcasting, particularly if the League and Union rights are with the same network.

I would have loved him in Red, but wish him well

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
So 2 out of 5/6 of the Rebels Wallabies gone (Gordon and Kemeny), who’s next, Leota was almost in France, Talakai has been to Japan.

Defeats the point of ‘Spreading’ the Talent if the best leave