• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Henry Speight left the Brumbies at the end of 2019, was with the Reds in 2020 but left during the start of Covid...

Mack Hansen debuted in 2020, and only started to show his worth in 2021 when he began to get some starts, but was largely a bench player when the Brumbies back three was Banks, Wright and Muirhead.

If he had re-signed there's no doubt he would've progressed to becoming a starting player, particularly with Banks leaving and his ceiling being above Muirhead, but he took the Irish offer when it came... and honestly, who wouldn't?
In the early days Mack was also seen as a 10 as well, I think he should have got more games. But the offer to play in Ireland was real good, then he shoot the lights out. A long season over there with lots of games helped. I also though he said he didn't wanna play for another Aussie team.. As much as it's the Tahs fault

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
In the early days Mack was also seen as a 10 as well, I think he should have got more games. But the offer to play in Ireland was real good, then he shoot the lights out. A long season over there with lots of games helped. I also though he said he didn't wanna play for another Aussie team.. As much as it's the Tahs fault
Hansen has never played more games in a season for Connaught than the 15 games he played for the Brumbies in 2021, and he was starting for Ireland after 9 games.

Whatever transformed Hansen into a world-class winger, it wasn't lots of games

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
L
Hansen has never played more games in a season for Connaught than the 15 games he played for the Brumbies in 2021, and he was starting for Ireland after 9 games.

Whatever transformed Hansen into a world-class winger, it wasn't lots of games
Maybe we just have better wingers in Oz then Ireland do.. just the rest the teams shit lol

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Watching Perese for the Tigers, he’s got such good power and a strength Aus doesn’t have. Would love him to find that missing something over in the UK and become the centre that we could rely on.

He just got MOTM for the Tigers away from home at Saracens. Happy for him to be finding some form.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Hansen is definitely a better player than Muirhead..
Now, at the time it was debatable.. Muirhead was a guy who never let you down. I actually think they are similar just Macks more athletic (I haven't watched him recently)

Obviously Hansen was starting to take the wing spot, and may have even ended up fullback when Banks left.

It's academic anyway, as I was talking about the Wallabies, and can you hand on heart tell me he'd made the Wallaby back 3, when he made the Irish.

EDIT: Wish we had Australia A back then so we could cap him.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Watching Perese for the Tigers, he’s got such good power and a strength Aus doesn’t have. Would love him to find that missing something over in the UK and become the centre that we could rely on.

He just got MOTM for the Tigers away from home at Saracens. Happy for him to be finding some form.
His issue was more injuries than anything. Particularly for the Wallabies - when his chance came he got injured almost immediately.

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
Perese is tricky, he's a phenomenal talent and has that hard edge you want at test level, but he's also way too inaccurate most of the time. Injuries aside, his propensity to give away an unnecessary penalty/yellow and his lax defensive organisation have always held him back from really taking those opportunities.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1730076483599.png

Sword of Justice

Nev Cottrell (35)
what's wrong with that?
I’m happy enough that Perth is getting the bled given they aren’t getting a Lions test.

Townsville didn’t show up for the Reds when they last went up and Brisbane has not had one Wallabies match in the last 2 years.

Most SEQ rugby fans won’t be able to get Lions tickets or won’t be able to afford the price and so those fans will not have a chance to watch their national team for at least four years.

edit: sorry this is wrong as we did get pumped by RSA this year.

Last edited:

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Argies really get to see the country. Their last 10 test matches have been

(2023) Parramatta, Gold Coast, Townsville, Parramatta, Newcastle, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra, Perth, Gold Coast (2014)