• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
It’s not clear at all, you’re just making assumptions. He’s not John Eales, there are obviously improvements that they believe he needs to make

He missed the first squad of the year, he isn’t banished for life. We should be encouraging these guys to stick in Aussie Rugby and keep putting their best foot forward
Thanks champ, I didn't say I wanted him to go, I said he might regret it, and if rumoured below. Then that's worse.... better off not making the finals.
Schmidt singled out R.Lonergan and Swain as being tough/close calls

Also mentioned a lot of weight placed on finals performances which makes me think it might have been the reason Swain wasnt picked
Better off finishing last and not making the finals

Last edited:

capalaba

Chris McKivat (8)
Is there a video showing the formal squad announcement? I can't find anything anywhere. All I see is the names but what about the actual naming?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Is there a video showing the formal squad announcement? I can't find anything anywhere. All I see is the names but what about the actual naming?
Wouldn’t their names being announced be the actual naming? Edit - ok, I see what you are saying. I don’t think they wanted a ticker tape parade for this squad, it’s all out there and he has covered the controversial picks subsequently.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I thought he was excellent considering his age, his time away from rugby and coming straight into a new environment. I was expecting him to be totally washed but that was not the case. Makes total sense in a team crying out for experience that he has been included in a 38 man squad.
Yeah it was immediately obvious how much better he was at seeing space than any other Force player on the field.

You'd think his old shortcomings like defence would only be more obvious at test level now though. Think he's just there as a squadie. Not sure his spot is 'wasted' if he's not there to play and he has no intention of using someone like Campbell anyway.

whitefalcon

Jim Clark (26)
I think its easy to get caught up looking at the cattle vs last year where the real test will be the game plan.

I have more faith that we will play smarter rugby under Schmidt than we did under He Who Shall Not Be Named

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Surely we remember the hype from the lead up to the RWC. Wallabies were going to win all tests in 23 leading into France and then take Bill in a smash and grab. And we all fell for at least part of the drivel, some fell for the lot. How did we finish? Wins against Georgia and Portugal and kicked out of France earlier than expected.

We won't have as much drivel this year, but we will have a new squad, new 23, a new coach and assistants, new game plan and just two weeks to forge a team to be competitive with Wales who beat us handsomely last year and Georgia who were no easy beats. I don't see it happening. Probably two losses to Wales, and if Schmidt and Co can actually put and keep a team together without too much chop and changing and allowing the players some time to find their feet in this new environment, maybe a win against Georgia. We need it or we'll find ourselves out of the top ten ranked sides internationally.

The team to play in the RC will be strengthened by including some overseas players, Skelton, Koroibete, BPA, and hopefully by some returning injured players, Bell especially. If the basis for a competitive team can be put together now, then there is hope for further success later in the year.

Yoda

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Surely we remember the hype from the lead up to the RWC. Wallabies were going to win all tests in 23 leading into France and then take Bill in a smash and grab. And we all fell for at least part of the drivel, some fell for the lot. How did we finish? Wins against Georgia and Portugal and kicked out of France earlier than expected.

We won't have as much drivel this year, but we will have a new squad, new 23, a new coach and assistants, new game plan and just two weeks to forge a team to be competitive with Wales who beat us handsomely last year and Georgia who were no easy beats. I don't see it happening. Probably two losses to Wales, and if Schmidt and Co can actually put and keep a team together without too much chop and changing and allowing the players some time to find their feet in this new environment, maybe a win against Georgia. We need it or we'll find ourselves out of the top ten ranked sides internationally.

The team to play in the RC will be strengthened by including some overseas players, Skelton, Koroibete, BPA, and hopefully by some returning injured players, Bell especially. If the basis for a competitive team can be put together now, then there is hope for further success later in the year.
With a game plan we will beat Wales. Georgia too, I would suggest comfortably. We didn’t have a game plan last time we played Wales! Why are you so pessimistic? Schmidt is a back coach and Cron a reputable forward coach. So far, miles ahead of EJ (Eddie Jones) and his band of NRL coaches with no real idea of rugby. I’m very confident with this coaching team and our new faces in the Wallabies. Go boys!

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
With a game plan we will beat Wales. Georgia too, I would suggest comfortably. We didn’t have a game plan last time we played Wales! Why are you so pessimistic? Schmidt is a back coach and Cron a reputable forward coach. So far, miles ahead of EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) and his band of NRL coaches with no real idea of rugby. I’m very confident with this coaching team and our new faces in the Wallabies. Go boys!
Not enough Brumbies, 3 Tahs and Kurtley.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
^^^ I should point out I don't necessarily disagree with that stance. Swain should be there ahead of Blyth (WTF?), 3 Tahs is fair but they are the wrong ones (+ Bell & Porecki), Kurtley is OK as a squaddie.

I don't think any of those selections will make 2/10 difference in the test series v Wales.

Last edited: