• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
How long is a ruptured archilles typically?
6-9 months according to any orthopod. Too many factors that will dictate the recovery period.

What compounds it the most is being a front rower and how much pressure goes through that area. You best err on the side of caution.

In any event, there's no huge time pressure for AAA to return next year. This long sabbatical may also help with The head knocks he had last year as well.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I wonder what the 'interview' was like when they got Eddie. I mean, on one hand, you have Dave Rennie who has been working for the past 3 years trying to build a squad that can compete at the RWC. He wasn't trying to build for 2027.

Was EJs pitch along the lines of
'Nah, fuck 2023. I'm just gonna use that to build for 2027!'

I know we won't know how successful EJ (Eddie Jones)'s coaching is until after the RWC but really...what were RAs expectations for him in the RC and Bledisloe? I mean, I realise it's only 3 games in but I don't see where EJ (Eddie Jones) is getting anything different than Rennie.

Except apparently he doesn't really care about this RWC....and Rennie did.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wonder what the 'interview' was like when they got Eddie. I mean, on one hand, you have Dave Rennie who has been working for the past 3 years trying to build a squad that can compete at the RWC. He wasn't trying to build for 2027.

I know we won't know how successful EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones)'s coaching is until after the RWC but really...what were RAs expectations for him in the RC and Bledisloe? I mean, I realise it's only 3 games in but I don't see where EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) is getting anything different than Rennie.

Wonderful imagination you have there …..

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
NZ sticking up for Rennie.. shock.

Rennie was shit, had to go. So is Eddie so far but he's had 3 games, Rennie had 3 years.
Some people seem to think that 2023 results don't matter so long as the Wallabies are competitive against the BIL and in the next RWC. Rennie was already competitive against the top teams last year even with all the injuries and unavailability.

Let's see how EJ (Eddie Jones) goes this weekend with a few injuries...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
2023 results matter but the RWC was always the plan, a close semi loss and potentially coming 3rd would be a success from where we are right now.

If he makes the RWC final and loses (or even wins...) do you think anyone cares about the past 3 matches?

If we go out in the quarters yeah Eddie's been a total fucking disaster.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
2023 results matter but the RWC was always the plan, a close semi loss and potentially coming 3rd would be a success from where we are right now.

If he makes the RWC final and loses (or even wins...) do you think anyone cares about the past 3 matches?

If we go out in the quarters yeah Eddie's been a total fucking disaster.
I totally agree.

It doesn't answer what the expectations were for the last 3 games though or what is different from Rennie. If the RWC matters, are the Wallabies in a better position now to be successful than they would have been with Rennie?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Depends, you're comparing Rennie off a 4 year plan to Eddie who's just come in.

Rennie would've lost to SA in SA and likely lost at home to NZ (although prob much closer !). He would not have lost to Arg at home likely. Although he did have 2 draws against them at home in 2020 but I do think that side was worse than the current one.

I still don't believe Rennie would have us in a better position to win the RWC than Eddie.

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)

I know we won't know how successful EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones)'s coaching is until after the RWC but really...what were RAs expectations for him in the RC and Bledisloe? I mean, I realise it's only 3 games in but I don't see where EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) is getting anything different than Rennie.

Working for thee years only to lose to Italy, master plan

This nonsense revisionist history with Rennie continues it seems

Wallabies made the same mistakes in the same moments leading to the same defeats for 3 years straight. He couldn't win a home series against an England team that was desperate to sack their coach

There is nothing more annoying than someone defending a guy that lost 70% of his matches just because he was born in the same country as them

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rennie would've lost to SA in SA and likely lost at home to NZ (although prob much closer !). He would not have lost to Arg at home likely. Although he did have 2 draws against them at home in 2020 but I do think that side was worse than the current one.

I simply don’t buy these theories that a different coach with the same playing group would have produced different results.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
You guys underestimate how much the playing group backed Rennie; while there were injuries there was a great culture within the group that’s probably been eroded with the introduction of Jones.

I think in reality we traded a good coach for a lesser one who has been living on his reputation for the last four years but more comfortable in front of a camera.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Kiwis might love him because he is kiwi, frankly I don’t care what country he came from or how much the players ‘apparently loved him’. He had a poor record and losing to Italy was the final straw.

it’s all In the past anyway, time to move on

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)
You guys underestimate how much the playing group backed Rennie; while there were injuries there was a great culture within the group that’s probably been eroded with the introduction of Jones.

I think in reality we traded a good coach for a lesser one who has been living on his reputation for the last four years but more comfortable in front of a camera.
Speaking of living off reputation, when did Rennie last win anything?