• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2021

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Could also mean he doesn’t want to go overseas in the current climate

Correct me if I'm wrong RR, but don't all contracted SRAu players also sign a contract with RA? If so, are you saying that every one of our Super Rugby contracted players will be in the 23 for the first test?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
For the record, I have for most of the year called for the 10, 12, 13 axis to be JOC (James O'Connor), Paisami, Ikitau (or Kuridrani). I am still of that view now. Let's see what the rest of the TT brings in the way of form.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Let's leave the personal stuff out of it and just stick to the rugby. We're all passionate and one-eyed*, so just accept it and move on.

*Except me, the only truly unbiased poster on this forum.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Incidentally, this is what Jim Tucker had to say about Irae Simone after the Crusaders match :

"3. WALLABY AUDITIONS

Centre Irae Simone was lukewarm in his two Tests last season so it was important to see him step up in a big contest. He did just that with some classy passing, some neat running, his try and a big intercept. It’s a shame he didn’t have the pace to score himself from the intercept or any support runners because that was a seven-pointer gone to waste."

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Incidentally, this is what Jim Tucker had to say about Irae Simone after the Crusaders match :

"3. WALLABY AUDITIONS

Centre Irae Simone was lukewarm in his two Tests last season so it was important to see him step up in a big contest. He did just that with some classy passing, some neat running, his try and a big intercept. It’s a shame he didn’t have the pace to score himself from the intercept or any support runners because that was a seven-pointer gone to waste."

To ge fair if we went by Jim Tuckers comments across the season it would be a team full of Reds, including guys like Stewart and Campbell.

Reactions: dru

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Correct me if I'm wrong RR, but don't all contracted SRAu players also sign a contract with RA? If so, are you saying that every one of our Super Rugby contracted players will be in the 23 for the first test?
It’s not mandatory to have a three entity signing contract inclusive of ARU. T&C’s apply. I was referring to top ups from ARU. To'omua’s contract has a top up. You’re corrected.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Now RN, mate. We were on the same page till this point.

Seriously, Paisami is a nail at 13. Let Ikitau fight for 12. Or the bench. He is nowhere near Paisami at 13.

There is no disagreement of Paisami as best 13 but we have a gap at 12....and Ikitau is a 13 not a 12. Paisami is a quality 13 but also quality at 12....sadly no-one comes near him for either position.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
If Paisami continues to work on his kicking game then he is a good chance of been the starting 12, if that's not up to scratch, then To'omua will come into strong contention for 12, he is still the best tactical kicking inside back in Australia