• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2021

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
What about Naisarni, there was a lot to like there but Rennie had his issues with his fitness and work rate

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Does Anstee have the physical presence we need, given he's likely to partner Wilson and Hooper in the back row?

I like the bloke but outside of one decent game against the Tahs his resume is still pretty thin.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Chill mate - other loose forwards have come from the 7s team; McMahon, Samu and even Tom Cusack; nothing overly revolutionary.

Anstee looks taller and quicker, to me, than any of those. Dreaming I know, but he could just be the closest we will get to our own Maro Itoje. Wouldn't that be good.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Anstee looks taller and quicker, to me, than any of those. Dreaming I know, but he could just be the closest we will get to our own Maro Itoje. Wouldn't that be good.

listed as 191cm and <100kg

Same height but lighter then Cusack and Dempsey

Shorter and lighter then any of our decent 6's - Fardy, Swinton, Higs, Valetini.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Chill mate - other loose forwards have come from the 7s team; McMahon, Samu and even Tom Cusack; nothing overly revolutionary.

No I don’t actually need to “chill” as I think from what seen with anstee is he has shown clever use of space and more agility and skills then others you mentioned as is style of play I really like and you can disagree with my opinion but it is my opinion. Please don’t tell me to chill as I find this patronising and next time won’t be so polite.

Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Does Anstee have the physical presence we need, given he's likely to partner Wilson and Hooper in the back row?

I like the bloke but outside of one decent game against the Tahs his resume is still pretty thin.
I like what I saw in Shute shield which obviously why got force spot - I also was religious 7s watcher and was a fan of him in sevens and hence why was keen to see what he can do in 15 game. He has created some interest but agree we need to see more of him to get a better picture of how much potential there.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
How many games has Vunivalu started?

For what it is worth, I think it is very premature talking about Anstee as a Wallaby. Just pointing out some people might have double standards.
Did Anstee win the NRL grand final last year scoring a spectacular key try in the process? Not much of a double standard.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Did Anstee win the NRL grand final last year scoring a spectacular key try in the process? Not much of a double standard.

He has a rugby background. Rugby 7s which has been interrupted, but he is a dinky-di rugby name. But you claim NRL trumps it?

It is a complete double standard. Let's not get carried away by either, but be hopeful from both. Both have done heaps in their time so far.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah, Vunivalus league experience on the wing trumps Anstees 7s experience. Course it does.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah, Vunivalus league experience on the wing trumps Anstees 7s experience. Course it does.

Haha!

OK. I'm really looking to Vunivalu - note I follow League not one whit, but I like this guy.

Also looking intently at Anstee.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Half the fun is speculating with glimpses of player brilliance who could be a wallaby bolter. Heck author of mid stream wallaby 23 has anstee on wallaby bench, Robertson at starting LHP, force hooker starting and JOC (James O'Connor) at 15!!

All harmless speculation and won’t be the last name speculated on as season progresses. Heck I had Petaia out of starting line up but last weeks game he would be a shoo in for 13 if continues with the same sort of performance he showed in that game.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
No, but Anstee did score a cracking 40m try in the Shute Shield grand final. It might have been a key try if Eastwood did muff up their scrum dominance. Yes, I know the Shute Shield isn't near the level of the NRL grand final, but the NRL isn't the same sport either.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Maybe we can at least agree that, whenever either of them gets their first test cap, it will be an exciting to see what they can do. Both could be the explosive talent we need.