• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Show-n-go

lol the single time he had double .. probably meant a mistake more then him proving a point. go back to Phipps who can't even win the tah's first string HB

Does it at least half the time he posts but that’s fine, we can say it’s just a constant mistake on his part

I don’t think Phipps should be there either, he is pretty bloody ordinary also

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Does it at least half the time he posts but that’s fine, we can say it’s just a constant mistake on his part

I don’t think Phipps should be there either, he is pretty bloody ordinary also

His been way better then everyone other then Genia..

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Phipps was certainly better with ball in hand and in defence....

White had a better passing and kicking game, but he was certainly more of a NH style playmaking halfback.

I know that one swallow does not a summer make, but maybe ask Sam Whitelock if Nic White can tackle or not. Lifted Sam on the run and sat him on his backside in one game against the Crusaders.

I do remember there was a lot of hate (or extreme dislike) for Nic on these threads before he left for overseas. The transformation in some posters is most remarkable.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
There seems to be a bit of grass is always greener when it comes to Aussie players going to Europe, when they leave Australia for Europe they go from mediocre to average, average to good or good to great.

I don’t think he was ever that good, he was just around when their were a lack of alternatives halfbacks in Australian rugby, what he brings back from Europe is experience.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
There seems to be a bit of grass is always greener when it comes to Aussie players going to Europe, when they leave Australia for Europe they go from mediocre to average, average to good or good to great.

I don’t think he was ever that good, he was just around when their were a lack of alternatives halfbacks in Australian rugby, what he brings back from Europe is experience.

We still have a lack of alternatives.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The other halfbacks at that time were Genia and Phipps, and White was deemed good enough by Link to earn a number of starts over them..........

Granted, Genia was not playing well in those few years before his brief stint o/s.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
White earned his starts when Genia was out injured in 2013 and 2014, might have been 1 or 2 games where White was selected ahead of a fit Genia.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
White earned his starts when Genia was out injured in 2013 and 2014, might have been 1 or 2 games where White was selected ahead of a fit Genia.

Nope, Genia wasn’t injured - he lost the captaincy, and was dropped for White for a few games in 2013 (Genia was on the bench), before returning to the starting team.

But then Link sensationally dropped Genia for the 2014 domestic test series and preferred White and Phipps, who were the form players at the time.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...e/news-story/3549f85891b6d2069a967862672d362b

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
When available Genia has always been the wallabies no.1.

Just doing a simple bit of research then, he missed 8 wallabies test matches in 2013 due to a knee injury, in 2014 he missed lots of football after been injured during the June international period. So basically a large part of 2 years of lost opportunities for him to claim his spot

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When available Genia has always been the wallabies no.1.

Just doing a simple bit of research then, he missed 8 wallabies test matches in 2013 due to a knee injury, in 2014 he missed some of the June internationals and some of the rugby championship with injury as well.

Nope, read above.........

The knee injury was in 2012, which led to Phipps getting his first starting gigs under Deans.

Genia played every test in 2013, with a few on the bench, and then was axed from the French squad in 2014 prior to surgery.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Nope, Genia wasn’t injured - he lost the captaincy, and was dropped for White for a few games in 2013 (Genia was on the bench), before returning to the starting team.

But then Link sensationally dropped Genia for the 2014 domestic test series and preferred White and Phipps, who were the form players at the time.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...e/news-story/3549f85891b6d2069a967862672d362b

Yep like I said, White was selected ahead of a fit Genia 1 or 2 games.
Genia tore his ACL in late 2012 which gave him a late start to 2013 series.
Genia was injured before the France test series and got surgery before the 3rd test when it hadn’t improved, that’s when White and Phipps were both used.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I know that one swallow does not a summer make, but maybe ask Sam Whitelock if Nic White can tackle or not. Lifted Sam on the run and sat him on his backside in one game against the Crusaders.

I do remember there was a lot of hate (or extreme dislike) for Nic on these threads before he left for overseas. The transformation in some posters is most remarkable.

OK. I did not like him and I was REALLY sick of the kick boxer routine at the WBs.

And now I do like him, renewed reputation on having developed his game O/S and having matured. I’d be happy to see him given a shot (but had been ok with his departure)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

I for one retain my distaste for the bloke as a player.

Just use Powell or Gordon, properly. Clearly the second and third best fly-halves in the country.

Powell was shite against Ireland but he had all of 10 minutes of test rugby under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.