• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2012 Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
30-man squad is announced tomorrow. Other than the usual suspects, who is likely to be included?

I'll put my hand up for Cadeyrn Neville again.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Will JOC (James O'Connor) be included?

My picks:
Wallace-Harrison - Form lock in Aus conference. Will be too old for Deans.
Harris
Shipperley
Schatz - love to see it but dont think so this year. Can't wait to see him pushing Higgers and Dennis next season.

Forwards: Robinson, Kepu, Slipper, Alexander, Moore, TPN, Finger, AWH, Simmons, Sharpe, Douglas, Pocock, Higgers, Dennis, Palu, Hooper.
Backs: Genia, White, Cooper, Barnes, Beale, Harris, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Ioane, Shipperley, Horne, Finger, McCabe, Tomane, Morahan.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Any of Pyle, Douglas, Wallace-Harrison or Neville need to be picked ahead of Timani. I suspect Shipperely will get a gig aswell considering the injuries to JOC (James O'Connor) and Tomane, along with just the averageness of Vuna.

Has Mitchell done enough to be picked? Is Turner worth putting in?

W

What2040

Mitchell an absolute champion but just seems a bit underdone (probably fair enough as well)
Timani, hopefully not - would like to see Jake Schatz get higher honours
Vuna - no way

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Shatzie has been great form of late. If they went with a 17-13 squad split he'd be a chance. Given McCalmans injury, it'd be between him and Mowen (who hasn't been that great in the later half of the season), for that squad spot.

I can't imagine either getting picked though.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Harris over JOC (James O'Connor)? I doubt it.

Other than that it should be right, Schatz unlucky to miss out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't see Wallace-Harrison getting picked, sure he's been good but he's 32. We've got good young locks like Douglas & Pyle ready.

I would love to see Shipperly there instead of Vuna/Tomane. I think Mitchell and Turner need some more time in club rugby.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Douglas should be there for sure. Do they name Reds or wait until after the finals?

It'll be a training squad. So Mitchell will get picked despite not deserving it. Nor does Bernard Foley who may well get picked too.

Cummins should be there. Mogg shouldn't.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Who should be the backup to Genia too? Phipps hasn't set the world on fire of late, nor White either. Flip a coin.

T

TOCC

I wouldn't be surprised to see AWH in the squad although i doubt he will be..

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think cummings form the last few weeks has been very very good and wss unlucky imo to miss the first 40man squad

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I think cummings form the last few weeks has been very very good

105629-bart-cummings.jpg

Bart?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd like to see Fardy included in the wider training squad for the RC or the EOYT.......

He deserves it more than Timani, Douglas and Neville.......

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways, I expect there to be no surprises and something along the lines of this:

Props:

Robinson
Kepu
Palmer
Slipper

Hookers:

Moore
TPN
Fainga'a

Locks:

Sharpe
Simmons
Timani (ugh)
Douglas or Neville (double ugh)

Backrow:

Pocock
Higginbotham
Dennis
Palu
Hooper
Gill

SH:

Genia
White
Phipps (triple ugh)

Flyhalves:

Cooper
Barnes

Centres:

McCabe
Horne
Fainga'a
Harris

Wings/Fullbacks:

Ioane
Tomane
Morahan
JOC (James O'Connor)
Beale

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
my list of players I'd like to see get more exposure;

Rebels
Jones
Stirzaker

Force
Godwin
Mafi

Brumbies
Fardy (or AWH)
Mogg

Reds
AWH (or Fardy)
Harris

Tahs
Douglas
Foley

I'd add Speight and Vuna as to watch closely in 2013.

In arms of the test22 I'd like to see Dennis, Pyle, Neville, Hooper/Gill, Cooper, Tomane and Mitchell get time. And I think we need to be ready to have one of Fardy/AWH gtg in case we lose Sharpe.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Speight will definitely feature for the Wallabies next year when he becomes eligible.

Mogg needs some serious work on his defence in the off season.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I'd like to see Fardy included in the wider training squad for the RC or the EOYT...

He deserves it more than Timani, Douglas and Neville...

Slim, did you watch the Stormers Rebs game? Those two got through a power of work all game, and were a big part of what the Rebels achieved.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah Slim, Mogg can be a bit directionless, but he has a lot of potential. And there are a lot of players who would get shown up by players like Piutau 1on1 and Stowers for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.