• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wales vs Australia, 5 November 2016, (1:30am 6 November AEDT) @ Millenium Stadium

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Sure, but they do sell the rights to cover the Rugby Championship, The Bledisloe Cup and other inbound tests and therefore could include, as a condition, that the successful bidder has to also cover the spring tour.

problem solved right there, you should work for the ARU.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I am stunned to think that people here believe that the ARU would not have tried to sell every permutation and combination of games for the highest price and with the widest audience reach.

Do we really think they are all nincompoops?

Maybe not all of them ;)

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
That's not the way we play though and it's not the way most teams play these days.

Players have their zones when the team is in possession of the ball (for instance we tend to have our 7 patrolling the right edge).

It is generally not the gameplan that they just chase the ball around the park.

The reality is that the Wallabies won a greater percentage of their breakdown ball in that match than the All Blacks did.

There is no doubt that Pocock is better at the breakdown than Hooper. Regardless of who is on the field though, securing the breakdown by making an effective cleanout isn't necessarily their job depending on where it happens.

Of interest in Bled 3 was how little work Kaino did for them. The game was played away from him. Also Coles had less impact in this game than normal. This was a result of the WB gameplan to go through the middle more than the edges on attack.
Given that players have their zones, do people think that Kaino and Coles should be dropped from the AB's ?
Player ratings should reflect the players core responsibilities.
Forcefields stats from Bled 3 have Hooper doing plenty of work in the rucks.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I am stunned to think that people here believe that the ARU would not have tried to sell every permutation and combination of games for the highest price and with the widest audience reach.

Do we really think they are all nincompoops?

I'm stunned to think people don't recognise sarcasm on an internet forum.

There should be a sarcasm font.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
I think Hooper is more than capable of winning turnovers. His break out year at the Brumbies when Pocock was busted he was all over the ball like a fat kid on a lollipop so I would guess that is not his role now.
I would prefer Pocock to start and Hooper to finish but if that is not to be then start Fardy as a pair with Hooper, he can win L/O ball and is much more on-ball and hopefully his time away and on the pine has helped him realise that badgering the referee doesn't help his team.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So we get to watch that rugby league powerhouse, Scotland, playing Australia, NZ and England live on FTA, but no Wallaby Tests. Well done ARU --- how do you expect to lift the profile of rugby v league if you can't even get a possible Grand Slam tour on FTA?

I reckon these games are for the "tragics", no one else would get up at sparrow farts to watch a game of test rugby. Fark, I find it hard to do.

Thank god for the IQ box

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Sure, but they do sell the rights to cover the Rugby Championship, The Bledisloe Cup and other inbound tests and therefore could include, as a condition, that the successful bidder has to also cover the spring tour.

since the host nations own this and sell it there is no way the winning bidder for the RC etc would agree to a condition to pay an unknown price for a poorly rating in australia NH rugby tour. A condition they may agree to is to bid for it and mutually agree what their upper limit bid would be.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Was this necessary?

Not necessary but pithy.

A good way to get attention and reinforce that the tactic of 2 opensiders has been found out and exploited by NZ, England and SA.

Major deficiencies were remedied when Timani played 8.

I was not intending to be offensive or patronising and happy to apologise if it came across like that.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I'm stunned to think people don't recognise sarcasm on an internet forum.

There should be a sarcasm font.

Oh that every stupid post were sarcasm.

I confess to treating every post seriously. It's a character flaw, I guess.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Of interest in Bled 3 was how little work Kaino did for them. The game was played away from him. Also Coles had less impact in this game than normal. This was a result of the WB gameplan to go through the middle more than the edges on attack.
Given that players have their zones, do people think that Kaino and Coles should be dropped from the AB's ?
Player ratings should reflect the players core responsibilities.
Forcefields stats from Bled 3 have Hooper doing plenty of work in the rucks.

Backrow did really well against the AB's at Eden park. Hooper has started every. single. test. and just won the John Eales medal. Poey had good impact off the bench and that allowed Timani to go hard for 50 minutes. The only change will be the forced one with Mumm and it'll be for Fardy, due to the lineout. Only other permutation we might see is Timani at 6 and Poey at 8 but i find this incredibly unlikely.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You've been pretty insistent that Hooper will start, and I don't really have an opinion either way but do you really think there's zero chance that they won't look to lighten Hooper's massive workload by starting someone else? If they were even contemplating it, this match would seem like a great opportunity to do it.