• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wales v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
HJ you are absolutely on the money. First time I've ever seen the second rower's head popping out of the scrum while the contest is still on. Confirmed for me that Skelton cannot (yet) scrum along with his lack of jumping ability in the lineout. Looks awfully like he doesn't have any of the core skills of a second rower. Needs to go back to club'Super level for another 12 months or so before ever being tried at test level again.
havent read every comment, but you said what i said. he has to push through the front rows arse not over it.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
3. Falou - his tries won us the game
2. Phipps

1. Kuridrani

Hmmm yes but Hooper put him over for one, and Wales put him over for the second. if he doesn't take the intercept he is in the shit for being out of position.
Yeah i had Phipps up there, and Kurindrani had another good game.
Wonder how long its going to be until Kurindrani usual good game has him always sitting mid pack, cant wait to have To'omua and Kurindrani back in 12 / 13.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Foley is the fucking reason our attack looks anything like awesome.
Just not so. Line breaks by Lealiifano and Kuridrani are mostly due to their abilities. They would have more opportunities imo if Cooper was playing 10.
Foley is the guy kicking goals that Lilo can't make.
True in recent times (ie since Lealiifano injured his ankle), but over a period of time I'd back Quade again to match Foley's record.
Foley is the guy willing to take it into contact and set up the next play instead of transferring pressure.
He does that but no better than To'omua is able.
Foley is the guy who took a decision to knock over a drop goal under pressure to get us back into the lead.
True again. I have seen Quade knock over the odd field goal as well. And I'd guess the play was actually called by Hooper.

He's not running a one man show, but respected ex-Test players from anther fucking country picked him as MOTM.
My main point is that he was hidden on the wing in defense. That is a major minus in my mind and he should not have been awarded MOM.

But fuck, keep arguing with reality why don't you.

I know my reality and it clearly does not align with your reality, which I might add is just as skewed towards Tahs players as mine might be towards Brumbies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Now now.
I think you are both right, Foley game management was good except for that last stupid kick.
QC (Quade Cooper) in my eyes will bring alot more, but it is game time he needs as he & players need to develop and read his instinct.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cooper had long runs before and just disappointed....why will this time be different.....

Cooper will have more of those rare moments of brilliance than foley but foley will be the more consistent and reliable performer.. and as the latter will win you more tests than lose them is why foley is the starting 5/8 and cooper at best deserves bench spot....

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think Pfitzy has really hit the nail on the head regarding Ben Alexander. He got more involved last night but not enough, unfortunately. He has the tendency to constantly seal off rucks instead of hitting the ball up.

We need this bloke back.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Cooper had long runs before and just disappointed..why will this time be different...

Cooper will have more of those rare moments of brilliance than foley but foley will be the more consistent and reliable performer.. and as the latter will win you more tests than lose them is why foley is the starting 5/8 and cooper at best deserves bench spot..

In 2013, Quade Cooper won the GAGR player of the EOYT. Guess the odd brilliant moment did that? Foley is improving but there is nothing I have seen him do QC (Quade Cooper) can't. There is quite a bit QC (Quade Cooper) can still do Foley can't. QC (Quade Cooper) will always have a better pass and for now his game management and kicking are ahead.

Before some asshat just says this is Reds bias I will add that Phipps will prob need to be injured to miss out on the RWC starting spot.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
This line is uttered literally every time we beat a lesser-ranked side. Every time. And it's meaningless. Because we do beat top 3 teams, you rise to the opposition. We always do, and yet this still gets pulled up every time we beat Wales, or France, or Scotland, or whoever.

Well we didn't beat SA and NZ this year.

And If you read the rest of my post you will see evidence backing up that comment. He needs to cut out the errors and improve the defence because teams like NZ and SA find ways to expose weaknesses and take full advantage of errors.

If you think Foley is going to magically "rise to the opposition" then you may find you are mistaken.

I don't get the mentality that it's okay to play down to lesser opposition. NZ don't do this often, they absolutely dominate lesser opposition and find ways to beat harder opponents. We should be doing to same.

Play hard every god damn game.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I thought Foley did some shit things but also controlled the play at times when it needed to be in order for us to win. A mixed bag, mostly good and some shit therefore should be retained but certainly not MOTM. Cooper should 100% be getting significant minutes (either at the start or end of games). There is a good argument for Foley to be on the bench with Genia, because his skills are uniquely suited to closing out tight ones (when he executes them well). Might be worth giving Quade a run against France...maybe the picture will become a little more clear.

The tactic to send it long at the end of the game when the other team has to score a try to win is not a bad one (I was actually yelling for this at the end of Bled 3) but the point is you have to send it LONG i.e it must be fielded in their 22 with a solid chase. If you can't, you might as well try to hang on to it and wind down the clock.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
One thing with Skelton I think sticks out in his game. Being such a big lad has made him technically lazy. Everything he does is with poor body height as if he thinks his size will always make him dominant. I wish he would work on this because with some of the skills he has, he can be an absolute weapon if he is a bit more technically astute in the contact aspects of rugby weather it be set piece or general play.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Just about to watch the game but saw a highlight basically TK knocking Welsh out the way for a try.. So I think he has turned on beast mode again

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
In 2013, Quade Cooper won the GAGR player of the EOYT. Guess the odd brilliant moment did that? Foley is improving but there is nothing I have seen him do QC (Quade Cooper) can't. There is quite a bit QC (Quade Cooper) can still do Foley can't. QC (Quade Cooper) will always have a better pass and for now his game management and kicking are ahead.

Before some asshat just says this is Reds bias I will add that Phipps will prob need to be injured to miss out on the RWC starting spot.

Yup and i say, and agree with no red koala sitting on my posts.

QC (Quade Cooper) needs time with players before he starts though, so he can play to his real potential players around him need to be aware

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Congrats - good start for Cheka.
IMO
Foley seemed to manage the game and kicked well - missed a tackle (with Hooper) that lead to a try. He threw 2 stupid forward passes

Keps had a tough day at the office - think it was more the guys behind him. Skelton is an absolute joke as a lock at set piece time. Slipper was strong but he has Simmons behind him.

McMahon - too many blokes were unrealistic - needs to mature - test rugby and all that.

TK was a monster in the middle..Phipps strong as well. Love his passion for the game

Saia had a beauty. As I have said before Hanson is behind Saia at scrumtime and by a long way.

Probably won't see Joe Tomane for a while - Speight to come back in.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"We think when we face them in the World Cup, it will be a different beast, a different animal facing them in the pool game," Gatland said.
"We'll only get better and stronger, building to the World Cup … we'll see a big upward curve for this team. The question is how much upside has Australia got?"

Galtland you're a moron.

Yeah no upside to a team with Moore, TPN, Fardy, Palu, Higginbotham, Speight, JOC (James O'Connor) to come in.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Galtland you're a moron.

Yeah no upside to a team with Moore, TPN, Fardy, Palu, Higginbotham, Speight, JOC (James O'Connor) to come in.

Odd comment.
He may have sat the exam without doing any revision if he doesn't know who is out at the moment or, perhaps most significantly, that we have just changed coaches mid season and this was his first test.
No doubt that will be played or posted on a wall in the week leading up to the RWC pool match.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Galtland you're a moron.

serious - he has to be kidding.
First game under new coach, playing a combination of game plans, I'd have QC (Quade Cooper) in that list as well. Plus others like Sio maybe better after another year.
Plus Poey & ??KB (Kurtley Beale)??

If he said we now know were we can improve - fair call - but that comment - moron

Status
Not open for further replies.