• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I thought Gordon looked pretty good at 15. Smart decision with Bowen & Lynagh being pure 10s.

Only area that I think we fall back slightly is a ball carrying backrower. Wish we had another 2nd Row option so Maiava could play 8.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
20s squad to be announced at 10.

Lynagh in. Wilson skipper and Craig VC.

Just the 5 Flyhalf options that I could see.
Just imagine the ball playing backline we could put out:
9 Wilson
10 Bowen
11 McLaughlin-Phillips
12 Annan
13 An actual centre, I guess
14 Gordon
15 Lynagh

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I thought Gordon looked pretty good at 15. Smart decision with Bowen & Lynagh being pure 10s.

Only area that I think we fall back slightly is a ball carrying backrower. Wish we had another 2nd Row option so Maiava could play 8.
Read an article earlier in the year where Gordon said he’s focusing on 15 in the pro ranks. Could see him been a good utility in the coming years

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Read an article earlier in the year where Gordon said he’s focusing on 15 in the pro ranks. Could see him been a good utility in the coming years
Is 2024 a year too soon for him to play there for Rebels? Pieces would really be falling into place if we had a regular 15.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Just imagine the ball playing backline we could put out:
9 Wilson
10 Bowen
11 McLaughlin-Phillips
12 Annan
13 An actual centre, I guess
14 Gordon
15 Lynagh
That's where O'Donnell might keep the spot. He's a Centre and played with Bowen a lot all the way back through High School
Does Maiava have the ball carrying of an 8?
Don't know. He was the first name that came to mind.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Is 2024 a year too soon for him to play there for Rebels? Pieces would really be falling into place if we had a regular 15.
A little early, but in the same way most of our sides are playing young guys too much too early. It probably works best if Kellaway is on one wing to support him. If Kellaway has to shift to 13 to cover the lack of centres it might be a bit iffy, depending on who else is there to back Mason up.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Would have agreed but seeing Jorgensen this year has really given me the idea if you are good enough, you're old enough. I think the Aus teams have a history of playing guys who aren't up to Super Rugby in general but they were physically above school boy rugby or what not so they got fast tracked.

God I wish Jorgensen was available.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Would have agreed but seeing Jorgensen this year has really given me the idea if you are good enough, you're old enough. I think the Aus teams have a history of playing guys who aren't up to Super Rugby in general but they were physically above school boy rugby or what not so they got fast tracked.

God I wish Jorgensen was available.
Jorgensen is a perfect example of someone who has been overused too young. Like Petaia before him he would've benefited from a more managed exposure and ideally been fit for a trip to the under 20s world cup where he could get tournament, touring experience as a leader in the team.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I agree. But, the Tahs probably wouldn't have made the finals at all without him. When he's been out there is no good Fullback option. Perfect world with no Beale charges they could have done what you say.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
JUNIOR WALLABIES - WORLD RUGBY U20 CHAMPIONSHIP 2023

Reds

Taj Annan (Souths)

Nick Baker (GPS)

Nick Bloomfield (Easts)

John Bryant (Souths)

Max Craig (Easts) - vice captain

Trevor King (Souths)

Tom Lynagh (UQ)

Harry McLaughlin-Phillips (Souths)

Tim Ryan (Brothers)

Harrison Usher (Bond)

Force

Ronan Leahy (Sydney Uni)

Jhy Legg (Wests Scarborough)

Marley Pearce (Joondalup Brothers)

Ned Slack-Smith (Palmyra) - vice captain

Brumbies

Liam Bowron (Royals)

Massimo De Lutiis (Wests)

Lachlan Hooper (Tuggeranong)

Toby McPherson (Uni-Norths)

Klayton Thorn (Gungahlin)

Rebels

Mason Gordon (Wests Bulldogs)

Darby Lancaster

Daniel Maiava (Wyndham Rhinos)

Leafi Talataina (Endeavour Hills)

David Vaihu (Wests Bulldogs)

Waratahs

Jack Barrett (Randwick)

Jack Bowen (Eastern Suburbs)

Ollie McCrea (Eastern Suburbs)

Henry O'Donnell (Northern Suburbs)

Jackson Ropata (Southern Districts)

Teddy Wilson (Eastern Suburbs) - captain

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Here's the forwards and backs split.

1686097363925.png

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Jorgensen is a perfect example of someone who has been overused too young. Like Petaia before him he would've benefited from a more managed exposure and ideally been fit for a trip to the under 20s world cup where he could get tournament, touring experience as a leader in the team.
Good enough then old enough in my mind. Sport is littered with the best players been exposed at the youngest age. I personally think Jorgensen has been managed well this year. His current injury isn’t a wear and tear, it was an unlucky incident that could of happened in training.