• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
* = Subject to change

Whitely has (allegedly:)) failed a fitness test, so:

Lions: 15 Ruan Combrinck, 14 Sylvian Mahuza, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Elton Jantjies, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Shaun Reynolds, 9 Nic Groom, 8 Kwagga Smith (captain), 7 Cyle Brink, 6 Marnus Schoeman, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Stephan Lewies, 3 Carlu Sadie, 2 Robbie Coetzee, 1 Sti SitholeSubstitutes: 16 Jan-Henning Campher, 17 Nathan Mcbeth, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Wilhelm van der Sluys, 20 Hacjivah Dayimani, 21 Ross Cronje, 22 Franco Naude, 23 Tyrone Green

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Sup...hiteley-ruled-out-of-crusaders-clash-20190425

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Geez the Crusaders taking a risk aren't they, resting Barrett, Goodhue and Todd? Geez they only got Taylor and Bridge from their ABs coming in to replace them, and are going to have to struggle through with a backline containing such non ABs as Ennor and Reece out wide!!!
BASTARDS!!!!:p That is serious depth...

Will Jordan's not even in the 23........

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Apparently it's cooling down in Christchurch, it's cloudy & a bit breezy. Should be a good night for footy.

EDIT: a coupla weeks ago I had a whinge about "..........shootings" being the top hit when I typed "Christchurch" into my web browser. I'm VERY pleased to report that it's now ".........weather" again, which is as it should be.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez the Sunwolves may not have been to flash, but the Clan were certainly on their game. Josh Ioane is playing like he thinks there maybe a spot for another 10 in the WC squad.
And you can call me and a grizzly old fashioned rugby watcher, but by geez I love watching young Tyrell Lomax scrum, his back is absolutely ramrod straight, and he seems to be really coming on with his game, I see a big future for this boy. Mind you it was a typical Clan game last night the likes of A smith, Dixon, etc etc had bloody good games, but generally the whole team plays so well as a unit when they like this.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The pass, and then the acceleration through the gap for that last Crusaders gap.... wowsers.

By gee there was some good stuff from young Ennor wasn't there Slim? Well Sevu Reece is pretty good to (some would say better than good), lol and bloody George Bridge etc.
Crusaders looked like they were always in control, and turned the heat up when required.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
By gee there was some good stuff from young Ennor wasn't there Slim? Well Sevu Reece is pretty good to (some would say better than good), lol and bloody George Bridge etc.
Crusaders looked like they were always in control, and turned the heat up when required.

Crusaders were the masters last night - all the skills on show as text book examples plus the excitement of players who know how to read the game and take opportunities when they come their way. Delightful to watch the NZ derby week after week.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Pains me to say it but I think Crusaders have to let Ennor or Jordan go for the greater good, it's pointless them not even making the 23 some weeks versus probably starting most weeks elsewhere.

Reece needs to stay, though, at least for now as the Crusaders environment will imo be better for him than the more laid-back Chiefs or Blues (EDIT: as a person with some personal issues moreso than as a player).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pains me to say it but I think Crusaders have to let Ennor or Jordan go for the greater good, it's pointless them not even making the 23 some weeks versus probably starting most weeks elsewhere.

Reece needs to stay, though, at least for now as the Crusaders environment will imo be better for him than the more laid-back Chiefs or Blues (EDIT: as a person with some personal issues moreso than as a player).

Yep can see someone like the Chiefs or Clan lapping up Jordan or Ennor, and Blues probably mount a case for Ennor. Have to say I agree about Reece, think that the right place for him for a couple of years. Though I suspect NH clubs will come calling again, and suspect Fiji may have a word in his ear.
Have to add the young fella coming on for his first game looks like he may slot in ok too!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Could get wet & 42kmh windy tonight in Wellywood (yeah, I'm shocked too :)) so possibly not the score-fest that's been widely predicted.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^ you think Wellywood's windy, try Palmy North ~90 min up the road. Officially the windiest centre in NZ.

EDIT: TBF Palmy doesn't get the extreme wind & rain that Wellywood does (e.g. 1996 Bledisloe) but it blows 30+ kmh day after day after day after you get the idea & it can literally rain every day from ANZAC Day through to late August/ early September.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Did the Chiefs seriously build their season around peaking for that first Blues game? I'm saying yes. Lets look at the evidence in the Chiefs performances this season.

vs Highlanders: Okay start to the season
@ Brumbies: Sh*t performance
vs Sunwolves: Somehow got even sh*tter
@ Crusaders: Not even trying
vs Hurricanes: Oh f*ck, we got the Blues game soon, time to stop mucking around lads
@ Bulls: Building for the Blues game
@ Jaguares: Still building for the Blues game
vs Blues: F*ck you Blues
vs Lions: Blues game has past, who cares
@ Hurricanes: Not even trying

Seems pretty clear to me. Chiefs obviously built their season around that first Blues game. My prediction for the rest of their season is that they'll continue to be sh*t but produce an anomalously good performance against the Blues in Auckland because f*ck you Blues.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
lol@the huge Tongan Chiefs winger getting the hook for Steven goddamn Donald in 57th minute. His miss on Jordie for the try was the dumbest defense I thi9nk I've ever seen in my life. "Heyyy maybe this guy will continue to run directly at me oh wow look he's changed direction now and appears to be running right around me, who knew such a thing could happen on a rugby football field."

can see why Rasta cops a lot of shit but somehow I still like him. Play will be going on 50 metres away and out of picture you hear *tweet*, "scrum over here boys". No one knows why.

I hope FFsFFita is ok. Conditions looked a bit blustery. Hope his mummy packed some chapstick for him. Maybe he should call the All Blacks coach again. "Mr Hansen, my mummy forgot to pack my chapstick today and it's a bit gusty at the mo. Could you please make your way down from the stands and fashion some sort of makeshift moisturisation for my lips oh shit now that I read that back it sounds a bit odd, uh, anyway, could you please bring some chapstick down to the field for me thanks mate."