• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Top 8:

1. Crusaders 34 points no change
2. Bulls 23 up from sixth
3. Rebels 23 down from second
4. Hurricanes 23 no change
5. Sharks down from third
6. Blues down from fifth
7. Jaguares
8. Stormers

Lions (were seventh) & Waratahs (eighth) drop out.

WOB, it is noteworthy, at least for the time being, there are four SA conference teams in the 8. And another dropped out this week. To me, that means there will be a lot of change in the teams and the order by the end of the season. The Crusaders are a lock in for the No 1 spot, though.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
And leave the world's best No 15, Smith, on the bench.:rolleyes:

In that scenario Ben Smith would be 14. ABs have a big question at 14 right now.

Having said that the ABs won't do it - BB will be 10 and Mounga will be on the bench.

14 is still very much up for grabs especially considering ABs took 2 rookie 14s (Naholo & NMS) to the last RWC.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
In that scenario Ben Smith would be 14. ABs have a big question at 14 right now.

Having said that the ABs won't do it - BB will be 10 and Mounga will be on the bench.

14 is still very much up for grabs especially considering ABs took 2 rookie 14s (Naholo & NMS) to the last RWC.
You would have thought, though, that they would not play another strike winger given Ioane is almost certain to be on one wing.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
'canes are giving ASav & both Barretts a rest:

Hurricanes: Chase Tiatia, Wes Goosen, Matt Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Fletcher Smith, TJ Perenara (c), Reed Prinsep, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Vaea Fifita, Liam Mitchell, James Blackwell, Ben May, Ricky Riccitelli, Fraser Armstrong. Reserves: Asafo Aumua, Xavier Numia, Jeff To'omaga-Allen, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Sam Henwood, Richard Judd, James Marshall, Billy Proctor.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...rrett-and-ardie-savea-out-for-sunwolves-clash

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Tribe will be without Alaimalo, Lurch & Harris who are all injured:

Chiefs: Jack Debreczeni, Sean Wainui, Alex Nankivell, Anton Lienert-Brown, Ataata Moeakiola, Marty McKenzie, Brad Weber (captain), Taleni Seu, Lachlan Boshier, Luke Jacobson, Mitchell Brown, Tyler Ardron, Nepo Laulala, Liam Polwart, Angus Ta'avao. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei'aho, Atu Moli, Sosefo Kautai, Jesse Parete, Pita Gus Sowakula, Jonathan Taumateine, Tumua Manu, Shaun Stevenson.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...-brodie-retallick-and-nathan-harris-to-injury

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Tribe will be without Alaimalo, Lurch & Harris who are all injured:

Chiefs: Jack Debreczeni, Sean Wainui, Alex Nankivell, Anton Lienert-Brown, Ataata Moeakiola, Marty McKenzie, Brad Weber (captain), Taleni Seu, Lachlan Boshier, Luke Jacobson, Mitchell Brown, Tyler Ardron, Nepo Laulala, Liam Polwart, Angus Ta'avao. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei'aho, Atu Moli, Sosefo Kautai, Jesse Parete, Pita Gus Sowakula, Jonathan Taumateine, Tumua Manu, Shaun Stevenson.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...-brodie-retallick-and-nathan-harris-to-injury

That is no surprise WOB, I thought the Chiefs were always going to struggle to back up this week after last week's game. Why the NZ conference is great for the fans, and bloody hard for the players!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Do or die time for the Lions in the 'tron Friday night as they surely won't win in Cheechee next week (says he tempting fate not once but twice in the same sentence:)). Courtnall Skosan has flown back to SA as his father is "gravely ill" according to sport24.co.za:

Lions: 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Sylvian Mahuza, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Franco Naude, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Gianni Lombard, 9 Ross Cronje, 8 Warren Whiteley (captain), 7 Cyle Brink, 6 Kwagga Smith, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Stephan Lewies, 3 Carlu Sadie, 2 Robbie Coetzee, 1 Sti Sithol. Substitutes: 16 Malcolm Marx, 17 Frans Van Wyk, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Wilhelm van der Sluys, 20 Marnus Schoeman, 21 Nic Groom, 22 Elton Jantjies, 23 Ruan Combrinck.

In the late game 'canes are strong favourites as you'd expect but stranger things have happened....

Sunwolves: 15 Ryohei Yamanaka, 14 Gerhard van den Heever, 13 Josh Timu, 12 Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco, 11 Semisi Masirewa, 10 Hayden Parker, 9 Jamie Booth, 8 Hendrik Tui, 7 Dan Pryor (captain), 6 Ben Gunter, 5 Luke Thompson, 4 Mark Abbott, 3 Hiroshi Yamashita, 2 Nathan Vella, 1 Pauliasi Manu. Substitutes: 16 Atsushi Sakata, 17 Masataka Mikami, 18 Takuma Asahara, 19 Tom Rowe, 20 Shuhei Matsuhashi, 21 Fumiaki Tanaka, 22 Jason Emery, 23 Jamie Henry

Clan & loss Bleus team sheets due out late morning.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
The rumours re: ASmith were correct & LukeW is also back:

Highlanders: Ben Smith (cc), Matt Faddes, Sio Tomkinson, Teihorangi Walden, Tevita Li, Josh Ioane, Kayne Hammington, Elliot Dixon, James Lentjes, Shannon Frizell, Tom Franklin, Jackson Hemopo, Tyrel Lomax, Liam Coltman, Daniel Lienert-Brown. Replacements: Ash Dixon, Ayden Johnstone, Siate Tokolahi, Josh Dickson, Luke Whitelock (cc), Aaron Smith, Bryn Gatland, Thomas Umaga-Jensen

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...n-the-highlanders-bench-for-crunch-blues-game

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Blues/Clan could be interesting, the Blues have to try and get up after last week's game, and Clan getting deperate.

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Parson's 100th game for the Blues. He'll be hoping for a better performance than last week.

Blues
15 Melani Nanai, 14 Caleb Clarke, 13 TJ Faiane, 12 Ma’a Nonu, 11 Rieko Ioane, 10 Otere Black, 9 Jonathan Ruru, 8 Akira Ioane, 7 Dalton Papalii, 6 Tom Robinson, 5 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu (c), 3 Sione Mafileo, 2 James Parsons, 1. Karl Tu’inukuafe
Reserves: 16 Leni Apisai, 17 Alex Hodgman, 18 Ofa Tuungafasi, 19 Josh Goodhue, 20 Jed Brown, 21 Sam Nock, 22 Harry Plummer, 23 Matt Duffie

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Would think Papalii would be keen on replicating last weeks form as would TJ Faiane, the whole team generally going good, geez if they got a better 9 they would be evn harder to beat.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)

Pity there not another 15 like DMac who can do the secondary playmaker role, so may look at BB there, but I suspect they keen on keeping him at 10.
If Smith is 15 maybe Bridge to 14?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Another glorious day in the 'tron with the only clouds in the sky out Raglan & Mt Pirongia ways plus a few about the hills behind Ngaruawahia & absolutely dead calm.

Tonight will be clear & cool, perfect conditions for Friday night footy. Tempted to go but will probably end up at the RSA who have a Special Liquor License on account of there being an 8-ball tournament on so a chance to catch up with guys I knew before my time in Straya.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Another glorious day in the 'tron with the only clouds in the sky out Raglan & Mt Pirongia ways plus a few about the hills behind Ngaruawahia & absolutely dead calm.

Tonight will be clear & cool, perfect conditions for Friday night footy. Tempted to go but will probably end up at the RSA who have a Special Liquor License on account of there being an 8-ball tournament on so a chance to catch up with guys I knew before my time in Straya.

Good excuse WOB, but go to the RSA before the game, suspect the Chiefs will need support tonight as they will be pretty buggered! Can almost see the lovely day as I sit inside here in Brissy because it bloody wet outside!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^ as with a certain Club known to us both, when I go to the RSA I tend to stay there. $5 Pure Blonde, Lambs Fry & Bacon on the dinner menu, catching up with mates I haven't seen in years, sounds like me.