• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Perenara at least knows the laws and can get correct decisions for his sides. Smith, on the other hand, just pests around annoying everyone.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I glad you fellas don't want Smith, I don't care if he pisses everyone off, he will do me anyday of the week. I know he annoys the shit out of opposition, but so did Richie McCaw. Main things I want from my 9 is he can clear the ball quickly, can find players in space and he should be chipping at his forwards all the bloody time. Smith does that better than any 9 around at the moment, so as I said he will do me!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Stormers with statistically worst lineout in comp, totally kneecapped themselves every time they got in the red zone. Obviously could do with Bruno Elizabeth back.

Aaron Smith owned the whole goddamn game, totally bossed it, in an almost euphoric state, buzzing around, barking his bun off, still sprinting and bouncing around at 80 mins, maybe someone in the Zoo handicapped bogs slipped him something prematch.......

Lions vs Blues can go fuck itself. Not sitting up til midnight to watch that one-way procession of tries. ffs

Cantabs vs Canes today will be a munter. Todd's an idiot for playing a fairly meaningless early season soup game with a broken thumb. If it were Read, Mccaw or Carter like FUCK they'd bother. Cotton wool that shit. They're All Blacks, not Crusaders.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Cantabs vs Canes today will be a munter. Todd's an idiot for playing a fairly meaningless early season soup game with a broken thumb. If it were Read, Mccaw or Carter like FUCK they'd bother. Cotton wool that shit. They're All Blacks, not Crusaders.

Didn't do them any good anyway. Canes have just circumnavigated the world and should have been exhausted. They looked fitter and faster for most of the game.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
So the Shambles won their hard game but lost their two relatively easier (and important) matches. Figures. As nice as it was, I doubt it will do them any good.

EDIT: Perhaps they just need to imagine that every team their playing is called "the Lions" and they'll sweep all before them as they've done in their last two outings against such named teams.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Lions vs Blues can go fuck itself. Not sitting up til midnight to watch that one-way procession of tries. ffs

you know someone had to remind you of this didn't you DP? By geez they went well, adding in usual blues rugby. Both Ioane boys are looking bloody good, and I have to add Perafota sure look a nicely balanced 10 doesn't he. Very good game to watch!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
you know someone had to remind you of this didn't you DP? By geez they went well, adding in usual blues rugby. Both Ioane boys are looking bloody good, and I have to add Perafota sure look a nicely balanced 10 doesn't he. Very good game to watch!

yeah think if I'd stayed up to watch that it still wouldve driven me batshit insane. leaking tries all over the shop, intercepts, the works.
by the time the 80th min gamebreaker finally came for the good guys I wouldve been a wreck
I think Reiko answered your question Derpus he was very good at 13.
riekolionsgif1_zpsylwhtfl3.gif

zer0

John Thornett (49)
One game is all well and good, but he needs to produce against the other NZ sides. IIRC he rendered the Rebels a new cavity from centre in Rd 1, 2017, but was quiet against the NZ sides in the following few games before being moved to the wing. If both Ioane's can consistently perform at #8 and #13, then there will be much rejoicing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
One game is all well and good, but he needs to produce against the other NZ sides. IIRC he rendered the Rebels a new cavity from centre in Rd 1, 2017, but was quiet against the NZ sides in the following few games before being moved to the wing. If both Ioane's can consistently perform at #8 and #13, then there will be much rejoicing.

I always reckoned Reiko was going to be AB 13 zer0, I agree it takes more than one game, but he sure seems to be showing what he did as a young one -the makings of a top centre!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
yeah think if I'd stayed up to watch that it still wouldve driven me batshit insane. leaking tries all over the shop, intercepts, the works.
by the time the 80th min gamebreaker finally came for the good guys I wouldve been a wreck

riekolionsgif1_zpsylwhtfl3.gif

I agree DP, I recorded it and thought they had found ways to blow it about 4 times!!

zer0

John Thornett (49)
It certainly does seem as though it'll be a good contest between R.Iaone and Goodhue for the long term test centre position.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
It certainly does seem as though it'll be a good contest between R.Iaone and Goodhue for the long term test centre position.
When Ioane was on the wing he was denying the spot of some very good players such as Naholo (assuming Ben Smith is a lock at 14). If Ioane shifts to 13 you can have Dagg, Savea, Naholo, etc. all vying for a position on the wing and have Ben Smith on the other wing and Mckenzie or Jordie Barrett at fullback. This allows for the inclusion of another game breaker in the side alongside Ioane.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
When Ioane was on the wing he was denying the spot of some very good players such as Naholo (assuming Ben Smith is a lock at 14). If Ioane shifts to 13 you can have Dagg, Savea, Naholo, etc. all vying for a position on the wing and have Ben Smith on the other wing and Mckenzie or Jordie Barrett at fullback. This allows for the inclusion of another game breaker in the side alongside Ioane.

10. Mo'unga ........ 14. Bun Smuth 15. B. Barrett 23. J. Barrett.

McKenzie isn't better than any of the above in those positions.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)

Helps if Rieko is given an extended crack at 13. He is a proper 13. SBW is a proper 12. Perofeta is the best talent at 10 they have had in a long time. If they can give that axis some time to develop it could really propel the Blues to a new level.

Realistically who else would the Blues put at 13? Rieko might be a better winger at this stage in his career and his best years at 13 might not be for a while but he is by far and away their best option.

Blues absolutely have to stick with SBW and Rieko midfield.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Could always do what is traditionally done in NZ when there's a lack of options at centre. Stick a fullback in there. 100% guaranteed to sometimes, maybe, possibly work 50% of the time.