• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

U16/U19 Competition 2023

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
IMG_9187.jpeg
IMG_9186.jpeg

19s could be a good game if the Force can play like they did v the Reds.

Brumbies 12 has been one of the players of the tournament so far IMO.

Rudderless

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Why, was the Box Hill ground not up to standard or something?
The Melbourne Rebels can confirm this weekend’s Round 4 Super Rugby U16 and U19 games against the Queensland Reds have been relocated to Brisbane’s Sunnybank Rugby Club due to unforeseen complications with field access.

Poor outcome for VIC rugby supporters.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The Melbourne Rebels can confirm this weekend’s Round 4 Super Rugby U16 and U19 games against the Queensland Reds have been relocated to Brisbane’s Sunnybank Rugby Club due to unforeseen complications with field access.

Poor outcome for VIC rugby supporters.

its insanely frustrating & looks like easiest option was taken. Goschs paddock is out of action atm however

Quins, Wyndham, EH, Geelong are just some clubs that have rugby specific venues

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Funny you say this because NSW didn't pick Biet...
Plus Cummins being a Sydney boy.

He signed with the Force though so not in the same boat.

Wonder what the status is of the guys playing for the Brumbies in this comp that are from interstate. Are they signed for the next year to play in the JID as part of the Brums development or will they be back in Sydney and back on the market?

Steve_Grey

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Plus Cummins being a Sydney boy.

He signed with the Force though so not in the same boat.

Wonder what the status is of the guys playing for the Brumbies in this comp that are from interstate. Are they signed for the next year to play in the JID as part of the Brums development or will they be back in Sydney and back on the market?
With the Sydney Uni Coach bias, could be more opportunities for Brumbies/Force/Rebels to scoop up the untapped NSW talent from the current squad. Cummins was allowed to play Shute Shield last season even though signed with Force?

Looking forward to the Cummins/Biet battle.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
With the Sydney Uni Coach bias, could be more opportunities for Brumbies/Force/Rebels to scoop up the untapped NSW talent from the current squad. Cummins was allowed to play Shute Shield last season even though signed with Force?

Looking forward to the Cummins/Biet battle.
Not going near the bias chat. I have no real knowledge of it or anything to add on it. Funny that two of Unis best in Nelson & Fowler are at other franchises... Can't get the right ones.

In regards to the Club footy my guess is they don't mind letting some of the younger players spend time at home and play Club footy. The standard is obviously higher but when he wasn't going to be called up to Super Rugby there is no harm in letting him be home. Ronan Leahy was playing for Sydney Uni as well last year.

wamberal99

Bob Loudon (25)
Okay, I see that we can watch these games live on STAN, but can we watch replays etc? I have tried and failed to find them????

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Okay, I see that we can watch these games live on STAN, but can we watch replays etc? I have tried and failed to find them????
They are on Stan as well. If you go to 'SPORT' and the 'RUGBY', scroll along the top bar, it has all the different rugby competitions and the Super U16's and U19's is in there including replays.