• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 5 - Springboks vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well didnt like Bismark being replaced but Smit didnt appear to bring the team down as some may have thought. I certainly thought the game would swing more toward the ABs after Bismark was replaced. Looking forward now to Wallabies v AB's.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Springboks are everybodies bitch until the last game they play which they dominate.

I think the Boks were pretty shit. How many tackles did they miss? They won because the Messam, Thomson and the tight five didn't feature in the breakdowns and Brüssow had a blinder and noticed early on that the ref doesn't care about tackled players being relesaed before pilfering. Did they even break the line once? Their backline is so predictable. But well taken, you win the breakdown, you almost certainly win the game

D

daz

I think the Boks were pretty shit. How many tackles did they miss? They won because the Messam, Thomson and the tight five didn't feature in the breakdowns and Brüssow had a blinder and noticed early on that the ref doesn't care about tackled players being relesaed before pilfering. Did they even break the line once? Their backline is so predictable. But well taken, you win the breakdown, you almost certainly win the game

I thought the Bok won because they scored more points. In the first half, the AB's had the run of play and more possesion in the Bok 22, yet it seemed everytime the Boks got into the Kiwi 22 they had a penalty shot.

For what it's worth, I think the Blucks had a dose of Wallaby Hot Potato Syndrome.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
I thought the Bok won because they scored more points.

OK, let me rephrase: they won because they scored more points and they scored because Messam, Thomson... Brüssow was incredible though. Hope Slade is out of the world cup, that was an inept performance.

A

antipodean

Bit harsh on Slade. Hard to be great when your team is getting dominated at the breakdown.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Not too upset. I thought we might have gone a bit better but the Boks never looked like scoring a try (I'm not sure they were actually trying either) and for a few handling errors, the game would have been a lot closer.

Thought the ref had some bad calls - Thompson got penalised at one stage for doing what Horwill did a couple of times against us. The ref even said the knew Thompson was the tackler?!?! But that's rugby - you gotta roll with the punches.

I think while they may be disappointed with the scoreline, Henry & Co. will have gotten what they were really looking for from this game. A rest for some of the usual front-liners and some confirmation for the last RWC spots (Kahui may have cemented his spot with that game).

I've been joking for about 2yrs that Weepu may be the best half-back and 2nd best 1st-five in NZ......he may have confirmed it tonite.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)

ABs weren't beaten. They just had less points on the board.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh man. That was awesome to watch purely because it was predictable as fuck.

Whitelock and Williams as a locking combo. What the fuck was Henry thinking?

Tony Johnson was pretty disgraceful post-match.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
OK
it seamed that it was a bit like a Super Rugby team VS a Test Team too me. The boks were smart and conservative and the Blacks were try anything sort of rugby. Thats what i am worried about as the Wallabies with Quade is much like that. Its the balance that the team needs to find and neither team found that tonight.

some points
For NZ Dagg has to start in the test side 15. I think mills should be dropped out of the 22 to be honest. i would much prefer to see Dagg and Ice in the 22.
NZ has to work on their line out. The are not getting pinged but thats 2 weeks in a row that Hore threw whoefull! never a strait ball, i can't believe the touchies dont pick it up.

Too me the no try for the forward pass was a great call and the NZ commentators sounded like aussie commentators in alot of the game. At the end of the day the AB'z didn't deserve a try and they didn't get one so whats the big deal? they went on about it as though they deserved it. In my opinion it would of been much more controversial if the try would of been awarded. I just hope the IRB look at this and make some adjustments. I also love the way the Video ref asked the ref if he wanted to know anything before the ball was in goal. Almost giving all the responsibility to the game ref.

NZ were actually reffed a bit hard which in nice to see :) Some of the forward pass calls were ridiculous however some didn't get picked up so it probably worked out.

One last note... Is this like the Super Rugby? NZ(Crusaders) coming back from SA to a Refreshed Wallabies (REDS)? Lets hope the results the same!! TRI NATIONS UP FOR GRABS PEOPLE!!! its going to be a cracker game next week!! but its going to be a different All Blacks side. CAN NOT WAIT!

R

RuckinGoodStats

I think the Boks were pretty shit. How many tackles did they miss? Did they even break the line once? Their backline is so predictable. But well taken, you win the breakdown, you almost certainly win the game

By my count:

Missed tackles (inside OWN 22) Boks=33(10), All Blacks=18(3).

Missed tackles Boks 33 (Missing 1 in 4 attempts), All Blacks 18 (Missing 1 in 6 attempts)

FYI in 2011 RSA are missing, on average, 1 in every 3.73 tackle attempts.

Line breaks, using a Super15 coach def of turning the inside shoulder of defender Boks 6, NZ 13.

Rucks/mauls (ave R/M)[lost R/M] Boks 86(2.7)[3], All Blacks 90(3.1)[8].

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thought the ref had some bad calls - Thompson got penalised at one stage for doing what Horwill did a couple of times against us. The ref even said the knew Thompson was the tackler?!?! But that's rugby - you gotta roll with the punches.

What Penalty was that mate? not having ago but just wondering

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Too me the no try for the forward pass was a great call and the NZ commentators sounded like aussie commentators in alot of the game. At the end of the day the AB'z didn't deserve a try and they didn't get one so whats the big deal? they went on about it as though they deserved it. In my opinion it would of been much more controversial if the try would of been awarded. I just hope the IRB look at this and make some adjustments. I also love the way the Video ref asked the ref if he wanted to know anything before the ball was in goal. Almost giving all the responsibility to the game ref.

I don't have a problem with the call itself, as it was clearly a forward pass. But now there's the problem where is the TMO to stop? Like, 5 meters in front of the in goal area? 3? 2? Why? And I agree about Dagg's awesomeness as well as Hore's shit throws straight down the black line

A

antipodean

Just on this. In the spirit of the game the correct decision was made because the assistant ref was either;
a) unsighted, or more likely
b) just shit.

It was a forward pass and shouldn't have resulted in a try. What irks me is that two match officials so blatantly ignored the laws.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't have a problem with the call itself, as it was clearly a forward pass. But now there's the problem where is the TMO to stop? Like, 5 meters in front of the in goal area? 3? 2? Why? And I agree about Dagg's awesomeness as well as Hore's shit throws straight down the black line

The AR clearly was starting to communicate to the ref when the forward pass happened and before the ball was touched down....

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't believe people don't want the right decisions to be made from the TMO. Who bloody hell cares if a TMO broke protocol to get the right decisions through. I want the right decisions, I don't care how they come to them as long as they're right!

What if that was the WC final and the Kiwis scored after the siren to win of a clear forward pass that the ref missed but the TMO couldn't adjudicate on! Anyone's who's complaining is only complaining because they didn't get off on a technicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.