• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 4 South Africa v Australia - Saturday 13 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I think Simmons is being written off a bit too soon....

im only suggested he is moved to the bench to give him a rest and give the other locks some game time, the fact that our scrum and lineout went quite good on the weekend is every reasont to retain him in the long run.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Even as a patriot I cannot pick the Wallabies. Even with a clown coaching the opposition with have our own cryptic court jester in charge. The duel of the Fools to see who is the also ran of the 3N. With the basic structures of the Boks and 90% of their 1st XV back and playing next week they will defeat the Wallabies, unless of course the Wallabies pull out another false dawning type game and the Boks have a disaster.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
There are no easy games as a supporter. You are not handed victory easily ever. It's about how I react to a loss as a supporter. You learn a lot and how you enjoy the next loss depends on my ability to move forward as a supporter and adapt.

/Deans cryptic bullshit

G

GC

I've already forgotten the last match.

Samo + Higgers + Sharpe + A Fainga'a should be in. South Africa's combinations will be a little raw in this match, so I don't see the problem with us making a few changes.

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
Why does Deans persist with Elsom? Does anyone think there is a chance he'll surprise us all and drop Rocky from the starting 15? I don't know what to think.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
From the touring side, I'd go with...

1. Kepu
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Sharpe
6. Elsom
7. Pocock
8. Higginbum
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. A. Fainga'a
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. Beale

16. S. Fainga'a
17. Cowan
18. Simmons
19. Samo
20. Robinson
21. Burgo
22. McCabe

It's not that McCabe deserves to be dropped, but that if A. Fainga'a is a serious candidate for a place in the RWC squad then he needs a serious run. McCabe is also a much better bench option than Ant since he cover 11-15.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Simmons to start again. Higgers to start and maybe Ant to start though I would understand retaining McCabe for the same reasons as Simmons.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Brussow got through half hour against Western Province and from reports he tore them up at the breakdown. Paarl? Looks like he will start for sure as there is no other openside in the 24. So it's a Rossouw / Brussow / Spies back row with Deysel on the bench (should have been Ashley Johnson for his pace, Deysel offers nothing but a hit up and won't make the World Cup squad anyway.)

Just to add I am STOKED for Mostert. He came into the squad as a third lock replacement (after Bekker and Muller went down) and has gone from nowhere to an almost certain place in the 30. He looks a very good player and offers WAY more than Flip vd Merwe who is is a penalty magnet (two yellows and a resulting red again this weekend for Bulls). Great to see a guy really grab his chance 110%

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
I'd go with Richo's above selection. I would like to see Burgess get some game time to dust off the cobwebs and Genia has had a long season so far.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think Simmons is being written off a bit too soon....

I agree, the 2 lineouts after he left the field (and stopped calling the lineout) were lost, was this due to fatigue in Moore, or the lack of Simmons?

I would like him to start, but would prefer Sharpe against the AB's

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It really is time for Deans to give JOC (James O'Connor) a go at 12. Every time he touches the ball something happens. He proved himself at the Force this year at 10-12 and he should be Quades backup at the RWC.
When Mitchell returns, which I think he will in time for the RWC, JOC (James O'Connor) must move to IC to accommodate him.
That will be our best backline with McCabe on the bench.
I would put Rocky on the bench for this one and start with a backrow of Higgers, Pocock and Samo. Probably will not happen but hopefully we still see a lot of the two successful Qld backrowers this weekend.

All this scathing criticism of Deans and the Wallabies from their supposed supporters.
C'mon, we just lost to an excellent AB side at Eden Park. Not great by any means but hardly unexpected.
Get behind your team people. They may not be the the very best but they are the best we have.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Updated Bok squad. Brussow officially added.

BACKS:
Gio Aplon
Frans Steyn
JP Pietersen
Bryan Habana
Jaque Fourie
Juan de Jongh
Jean de Villiers
Morne Steyn
Butch James
Ruan Pienaar
Fourie du Preez
Francois Hougaard

FORWARDS:
Pierre Spies
Jean Deysel
Danie Rossouw
Bakkies Botha
Victor Matfield
Gerhard Mostert
John Smit (c)
Bismarck du Plessis
Tendai Mtawarira
Jannie du Plessis
Gurthrö Steenkamp
CJ van der Linde
Heinrich Brussow

Out with injury:
Burger (broken hand), Juan Smith (Knee - rehab), Duane Vermeulen (Knee from S15 semi), Willem Alberts (shoulder). That's four back rowers, three of which will make the WC30.

Add Lambie and Chilliboy and that's our 30.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Have any of the 'injured' 21 played CC rugby lately? If so how did they look?

If they haven't played any rugby I reckon they will start very slowly as they get back in the swing of test footy.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Have any of the 'injured' 21 played CC rugby lately? If so how did they look?

If they haven't played any rugby I reckon they will start very slowly as they get back in the swing of test footy.

Nobody other than Brussow have played CC. I think this squad remained in training camp, previously knows as sick bay.

Yup. Two things that will help Wobs are that the game's at sea level and the Boks are short of a run. So none of the travel up and down country.

I honest have no idea what to expect of the boks so I have decided better I expect nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.