• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

TPN gone for 3N...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Exactly what type of reaction are you hoping for with that?

No reaction. It means there's been many times when TPN should have been pulled off the field for his own good. When he was clearly concussed or injured and needed a tap on the shoulder.

Tell me it's not true.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
1/ TPN is just unlucky with injury.
2/ TPN needs to revise his technique. He needs to understand he can be an impact player without being a mad man.

I don't think his latest injury has anything to do with his technique at all...it could have happened to anyone really.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
So if TPN is out, what are our(wallabies that is) options.

For the Tri-Nations? I think we're stuck with Fingers. Link is prepared to play him in the Reds starting 15 so maybe he is better then we all think.

However, I think either of the Force hookers could be blooded with success.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Too late to bring anyone in new. Fainga'a it is.

The real problem was Edmonds being brought in last year. It should've been Fitzpatrick or Charles.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Deans will go with Saia, I'm pretty sure, on the bench. I'd like to see Charles get a run off the bench too before the 3N is finished, but this year is probably a year early for him.

B

Balls_SlanderandRuck

3 Months? Surely thats out of the world cup. Unless they're adding a few weeks onto the comeback zone to play it safe and play mind games with the teams in the WC group. :confused:

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
3 Months? Surely thats out of the world cup. Unless they're adding a few weeks onto the comeback zone to play it safe and play mind games with the teams in the WC group. :confused:

That was my thought too..3 Months following a knee op leaves no margin for error. It's not as if he's carrying an 85kg frame on those knees either.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Knowing Taf, he'll be there or thereabouts come RWC time. But jeez there is very little room to move on timing. I'm hoping like hell that he's available, because he's part of a formidable one-two punch at hooker.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
The article does say it could keep him out for up to three months. Maybe that's just a worst case scenario kind of thing? I fucking hope?

Yeah - I thought the miniscus tear was more like 6 weeks. Just an arthro snip and clear.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I don't think his latest injury has anything to do with his technique at all...it could have happened to anyone really.

The latest injury certainly relates to the first point but the trainer having to put him together every 5 minutes throughout a game is deffinatly a case of the second point.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
To be fair, Edmonds outplayed Fainga'a on the EOYT and took his bench spot before injury...

I agree but maybe the result of a bit of player burn out. To be fair it was a big learning curve and one in which a player normally has more experienced collegues to guide him through. Saia was a bit unlucky not to have that benifit.

The Silver lining in this is another hooker is about to be developed. Both Charles and Whitiker look the goods to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.