• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

TPN gone for 3N...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I actually think this will work out well for the Wallabies, for a few reasons:
1) Firstly it means we should actually have TPN available come the world cup. There is no way he would have survived the whole of the tri-nations. This at least means he'll get to ease his way in off the bench through maybe the last 1 or two tests prior to the World Cup.
2)It means that Deans doesn't have to justify putting him on the Bench behind Moore. If TPN was fit at the start of the test season, I think it would have been hard to deny him first dibs at the no.2 jersey. But he is really much more effective for us off the bench. for two reasons. He is the epitome of 'impact player' and because of his Kamakazi style of play he is probably better used in short spurts. If he only plays 30mins in every test, it is much more likely his body will hold up.
3) It allows Deans to test two back up hookers. Fainga'a will be one, but it will mean an opportunity for Hanson or Charles to fight with Fainga'a for that final WC spot.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I actually think this will work out well for the Wallabies, for a few reasons:
1) Firstly it means we should actually have TPN available come the world cup. There is no way he would have survived the whole of the tri-nations. This at least means he'll get to ease his way in off the bench through maybe the last 1 or two tests prior to the World Cup.
2)It means that Deans doesn't have to justify putting him on the Bench behind Moore. If TPN was fit at the start of the test season, I think it would have been hard to deny him first dibs at the no.2 jersey. But he is really much more effective for us off the bench. for two reasons. He is the epitome of 'impact player' and because of his Kamakazi style of play he is probably better used in short spurts. If he only plays 30mins in every test, it is much more likely his body will hold up.
3) It allows Deans to test two back up hookers. Fainga'a will be one, but it will mean an opportunity for Hanson or Charles to fight with Fainga'a for that final WC spot.

Has been my line of thinking too...am sure there'll be quite few others with the same thoughts...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
TPN nothing more than a club player.

You could say the ultimate club player, such is his dedication to the Two Blues.
TPN has runs on the board.
You have some way to go to gain some credibility, I would say. So, if TPN is nothing more than a club player, explain why that might be to the rest of us.
If you can. We like some reasoned argument to back up statements here.

Status
Not open for further replies.