• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Wallabies Thread

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't see any reason to select either Fardy or Mumm for the June tests. If we were playing England or the All Blacks that's a different story, but we're not.

I wouldn't select Mumm at all because the form isn't there but I think it is for Fardy.

If you think Fardy could be in your best 23 for the Rugby Championship, you need to select him in June as well.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I wouldn't select Mumm at all because the form isn't there but I think it is for Fardy.

If you think Fardy could be in your best 23 for the Rugby Championship, you need to select him in June as well.

Is Fardy still available for the RC? That's a different story then, there isn't any logic in selecting him for June if he's not though, that was my thinking.
We're guaranteed to beat Scotland?

Never any guarantees, but we will, yes.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I wouldn't put Fardy out to pasture but we really need youth to step in here. Fardy for the bench but we need to look beyond him.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think we're forgetting that Richard Hardwick has been absolutely excellent this season at 6, 7 and 8 for the Force.

He's a real no-nonsense, abrasive type of player and thats exactly the type that Cheika likes AND Cheika has come out and said that he really rates his play.

He's not a prissy-boy from the u20s pathway but someone whose really developed as a player and had to fight for his success thus far.

Could be a smokey for the 6 jersey. I wouldn't be against it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think we're forgetting that Richard Hardwick has been absolutely excellent this season at 6, 7 and 8 for the Force.

He's a real no-nonsense, abrasive type of player and thats exactly the type that Cheika likes AND Cheika has come out and said that he really rates his play.

He's not a prissy-boy from the u20s pathway but someone whose really developed as a player and had to fight for his success thus far.

Could be a smokey for the 6 jersey. I wouldn't be against it.

I think there is a good chance he'll make the squad but he's also pretty similar to Sean McMahon who will be ahead of him.

Hardwick probably has better breakdown skills but McMahon has better ball running ability.

If Timani plays 8 I think it favours the Fardy type at 6. If Higgers gets picked at 8 I think you can go with with someone like McMahon at 6 who is less of a lineout option.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Seems Hardwick did make the Australian A Schoolboys side in 2011 which puts him in the second best group of schoolboys in that year.

I wonder whether he played for Southern States at the under 20 championships after that?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Seems Hardwick did make the Australian A Schoolboys side in 2011 which puts him in the second best group of schoolboys in that year.

I wonder whether he played for Southern States at the under 20 championships after that?

This is where I come cap in hand and reveal that I did absolutely no research and have nothing to base my last claim off.

He's from Western Straya though. Mining n that. Should be tuff.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Tui may also be a bolter. he is quite a damaging runner and decent pace for a big boy. Attributes that may get him a look in at being trialled in that 6 jersey.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Don't think cheika will be giving too many new guys a spot tbh...which is a shame. Lots of guys performing well but with June tests as a warm up for RC, can't see any obvious new caps before EOYT. I think we will see a lot more in a wider training/development squad - Lomax, hardwick, rodda, tui, gorden, Meakes, Koroibete, BUT expect to see the usuals plus other experienced players getting 1st looks...carter, coleman, skelton, arnold, douglas?, simmons, mumm for the 2nd row alone!

wish we could do an uncapped aussie baabaas game v a nz maori team or something

1. Mayhew 2. Tessman 3. Talakai
4. Tui 5. Arnold
6. RHP 8. Naisarani 7. Hardwick
9. Powell 10. Lance 11.Koroibete 12. Meakes 13. Rona 14. Nabuli 15. Hunt
16. Ready 17. Faagase 18. Lomax 19. Rodda 20. Dempsey 21 Gorden 22. Debrazcini 23. English

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
This is where I come cap in hand and reveal that I did absolutely no research and have nothing to base my last claim off.

He's from Western Straya though. Mining n that. Should be tuff.

Dragged as a new-born from the bowels of the earth, with blackened lungs and calloused hands.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tui may also be a bolter. he is quite a damaging runner and decent pace for a big boy. Attributes that may get him a look in at being trialled in that 6 jersey.

Lukhan Tui? As a blindside? He has plenty of potential no doubt but I don't see him as anything other than a lock. Don't think he has the mobility or breakdown effectiveness to play in the backrow. Perhaps if we were playing a Bok team from the mid to late 90s he'd be an option, but then again he would have just been born around then.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
wish we could do an uncapped aussie baabaas game v a nz maori team or something

1. Mayhew 2. Tessman 3. Talakai
4. Tui 5. Arnold
6. RHP 8. Naisarani 7. Hardwick
9. Powell 10. Lance 11.Koroibete 12. Meakes 13. Rona 14. Nabuli 15. Hunt
16. Ready 17. Faagase 18. Lomax 19. Rodda 20. Dempsey 21 Gorden 22. Debrazcini 23. English

Love it. Naisarani not eligible just yet, so chuck a Jed Holloway or Colby Fainga'a there. But that would be great. Dave Wessels to coach.