• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Scariest War Dances - Pre Match Rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
does anyone know if the rules about facing the haka are the same for facing off against the pacific islands and russians?

J

Jay

It's the one we've got by far the most exposure to?

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the historical win/loss records.

The most obvious example of teams treating the haka differently was that 'changing sheds' haka in Wales. Wales asked that the haka be done before the anthems (despite claiming that the previous year, when this happened, was a one off to commemorate the centenary of the first encounter). Fair enough, it's their house they can ask (just as the AB's can refuse). But a couple of weeks earlier the Welsh played Fiji and had no problem with them doing the Cibi after the anthems...

A

antipodean

That's because other nations' war dances don't give them mystical powers Jay.

T

tblackadder

scariest pre game ritual.....is the barfathon lead by john williams singing some crappy folk song.....scary bad

maybe the wallabies version of a pre game ritual should be the whole team putting on al baxter (look at me guys i am about to set for a scrum) face masks

while on topic i cant stand how nzrugby gets so precious about respecting the haka etc....such pc garbage....they should let the other teams disrespect, avoid, ignore the haka....and then smash that team on the field if they care about it so much

J

Jay

Not whinging about it, I am happy for it to be done, but I wish there was far less regulation about how it must be "dealt with" by opposing teams. That's the bit to which I object.

What is the regulation though? To my knowledge it's merely that a team must stay on it's own side of the 10m line. All the talk that they must stay still and face the haka is completely without evidence.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
"It's a traditional part of the game," Miller said.

thats fine, if they want to perform Ka Mate, its traditional and they should be allowed, if they start doing some of there other crappy throat slitting crap, then any team should be free to kick off or disrespect it in what ever way they wish.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
"It's a traditional part of the game," Miller said.

thats fine, if they want to perform Ka Mate, its traditional and they should be allowed, if they start doing some of there other crappy throat slitting crap, then any team should be free to kick off or disrespect it in what ever way they wish.

That's a bit harsh. I guess the original haka is considered traditional globally and perhaps that should always be whats done abroad.

But at home, I think it's up to us what we perform.

Agree with others though, do what you like whilst it's being performed.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Remember when the Wallabies brought out the tackle bags after the haka and warmed up for an extra 5-6 minutes? Left the AB's standing with hands on hips.

Good plan when we're at home. That get to do something traditional and we can do the traditional Australia arse around.

Status
Not open for further replies.