• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Rugby Championship 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
"In the midfield LB (Anton Lienert-Brown) comes in for Jack (Goodhue). Jack has had four big games for a young player, just want to give him a breather," said All Blacks coach Steve Hansen.
Naholo has been rested as well.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Bloodddeee hell, they're playing Crotty already? The guy needs an extended break to be honest, I'd imagine you'd sit him out for the rest of the year.
Cumulative brain injuries don't go away with a 'break'. You just lose the short term symptoms. But eh, if he wants to fuck up his entire life then let him.

Edit: as long as he knows that's what he's risking.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well if Goodhue had a complete rest it wouldn't of worried me, all this business he's only a back so he doesn't need it , I say bollocks, remember when ben form accounts after about 4-5 tests a couple od years back was losing 5kg a game, and Doc reckoned he needed a break? Don't forget Goodhue played a bloody lot of Super rugby without a break too! As for Crotty, I am bloody sure if the doc reckoned there any risk he wouldn't be playing, but as I said one other time he seems to go to actual medically trained people and doesn't get his clearnace of rugby sites!

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Well if Goodhue had a complete rest it wouldn't of worried me, all this business he's only a back so he doesn't need it , I say bollocks, remember when ben form accounts after about 4-5 tests a couple od years back was losing 5kg a game, and Doc reckoned he needed a break? Don't forget Goodhue played a bloody lot of Super rugby without a break too! As for Crotty, I am bloody sure if the doc reckoned there any risk he wouldn't be playing, but as I said one other time he seems to go to actual medically trained people and doesn't get his clearnace of rugby sites!
Had enough experience with doctors to know this is bollocks. This is a profession that at one point in time used heroin to treat drug addiction.

They know more than the average punter for sure, but across the board we all know very little about the brain and the more research we do the more it becomes apparent that things we didn't think damage the brain actually do quite a lot.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
UPDATE: All Blacks midfielder @SonnyBWilliams has been withdrawn from this weekend’s Freedom Cup Test against South Africa as he has been unwell this week. He has been replaced on the bench by Jack Goodhue

Must be the prospect of actually having to play.

Or tonsillitis:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...led-out-of-all-blacks-test-against-springboks

As expected there's some really OTT comments from the haters including this nugget:

"Good, he should'nt be in the squad anyway, why does he keep getting picked when he doesnt play for months? Is it part of his contract that he has to be selected if hes fit or even half fit?"

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Had enough experience with doctors to know this is bollocks. This is a profession that at one point in time used heroin to treat drug addiction.

They know more than the average punter for sure, but across the board we all know very little about the brain and the more research we do the more it becomes apparent that things we didn't think damage the brain actually do quite a lot.

Yep I understand a lot of that mate, and I agree there needs to be caution, though I tend to think the fact they used to use heroin to cure drug addiction is neither here nor there, I obviously don't know your experience with dodgy Docs, but I like to think the ones looking after the ABs have the players best interests at heart and wouldn't give them dodgy advice!

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
"In the midfield LB (Anton Lienert-Brown) comes in for Jack (Goodhue). Jack has had four big games for a young player, just want to give him a breather," said All Blacks coach Steve Hansen.
Naholo has been rested as well.

I would love to see Crotty go to 13 and ALP at 12, I a real fan of him there, and when SBW back I suspect Crotty will be at 13.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Jesse Kriel 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Handré Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Warren Whiteley, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff. Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Beast Mtawarira, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Francois Louw, 21 Ross Cronjé, 22 Elton Jantjies, 23 Cheslin Kolbe

Kriel's job obviously to contain Ioane & compensate for Am's shall we be polite & say questionable defence.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yep I understand a lot of that mate, and I agree there needs to be caution, though I tend to think the fact they used to use heroin to cure drug addiction is neither here nor there, I obviously don't know your experience with dodgy Docs, but I like to think the ones looking after the ABs have the players best interests at heart and wouldn't give them dodgy advice!
Its just an amusing anecdote(?) about how treatments and approaches by doctors change as our knowledge grows. I think if we were to fast forward 20 years and Crotty was in the same position all indications would be that he should retire.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Ok, they deadset knocked the ball on, right in front of the ref. 7 points off the back of that.

might have been a foot.. live replay comes in handy.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
The Brothers Barrett (backs version) are playing like they're in the Blues. But luckily we've got a play maker on the bench to come on and offer a different, more measured and methodical, style of play to get things back on track.

23. Damian McKenzie

F*ck.

Status
Not open for further replies.