• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The positives & failings from Bledisloe 1 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blob

There is no sense in which the Wallaby scrum was dominant. They got a few more penalties but that's down to the ref and Crockett's inability to adapt. On the All Black feed the Wallaby scrum was routinely shunted back. On their own feed the Wallaby scrum was regularly unstable.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
+1. Totally agree!

talking about scrums. I still lol every time I see a rugby league scrum. Its one of the funniest things on tv for sure!! :p

I remember one from a couple of seasons back where the "props" of one team pushed outwards split the scrum in half and the halfback ran right through where the scrum should've been, funniest thing i've seen in league

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Frankly, I'm starting to wonder why I'm so passionate about a game it would appear I barely understand.

Thomo, your analysis and post is briliantly well done, but I'm not exactly sure that the game being open to this sort of intreptation is really what Mr Webb Ellis had in mind. If your scrum goes forward, your the better scrum - why can't it be that simple?

Sometimes I think being dumber, really is better.

Scrums pre-date running with the ball. Which, bluntly, was the work of a cheat who was too much of a poof to push. Now, bugger off back to the wing and do your hair or nails or whatever it is you lot do when you're not giving the ball away. You'll get the ball if and when we're good and bloody ready.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
T78 as a 9 you lot got the ball when I was ready and more than one prop got some fingers broken for putting a hand down ala Myth. You boys have to remember who has the brains and why we are the play makers. Just answer sir when you are spoken to and you'll get a double helping at dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.