• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Elsom Saga - Clubs withdrawing offers is all the rage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Crimes mentions that Elsom has apparently already finalised a deal with the ARU who are keen for him to stay, but that he just needs to sign on with one of the provinces...

The Tahs might actually use the extra money they put aside for Elsom into giving Waugh a lucrative deal to stay as he won't receive an ARU top up...

Elsom had supposedly been negotiating with the Tahs for most of this year...

As neither the Brumbies or the Tahs don't want him the Reds might end up being the favourites... unless of course he can't get what he wants and then he's off overseas...

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Gotta be a first when an international captain is unwanted by all clubs.

Shows his popularity...more like Cocky Elsom (see what I did there).
I hope he doesn't come to Queensland. Rather see the development of the younger players like Shatz and Quirk, and also see Higginbotham continue to improve.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone have any idea why he seems so roundly loved in Ireland and no one cares much for him here? Perceptions that he cares only about the money that didn't translate up north cos, well, he was there for the money?

As a player I admire him, as a person, well I just don't know him but I feel I can and should comment as I too have experienced not being wanted by any of the Australian Super provinces.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Anyone have any idea why he seems so roundly loved in Ireland and no one cares much for him here? Perceptions that he cares only about the money that didn't translate up north cos, well, he was there for the money?
He won Leinster the European Cup almost single handedly. And after the economic meltdown of late 2008 he was apparently hit financially, so was up there helping his bank account in Euros.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
The only logical choice would be the Rebels. With Elsom, JOC (James O'Connor) & Gilbert, they would attract a lot of media attention and probably attract a lot more talent to their stable, hopefully attracting a larger supporter base... Probably exactly what they are after down there... Might even win a few more games. Win win

D

daz

I feel I can and should comment as I too have experienced not being wanted by any of the Australian Super provinces.

Ah, well, I did send the ARU an email requesting you not be considered.....

My bad.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I knew there was something wrong afoot. I just thought my KPIs weren't up to scratch

L

Leinstermagic

I've never seen Rocky play as well since he's gone back, He loved the intensity of the Heineken Cup.

L

Leinstermagic

I club in France would be ideal for him now, he would struggle at Leinster and the "Super 15" farce is just not getting the best out of him.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I club in France would be ideal for him now, he would struggle at Leinster and the "Super 15" farce is just not getting the best out of him.

Well, I did ask for Irish input. Perhaps you might elaborate on the "farce" of the Super 15? I, for one, can't wait.

L

Leinstermagic

Everyone knows the runners and chasers every year before it begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.