• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Elsom Saga - Clubs withdrawing offers is all the rage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone hear Gits on The Rugby Club when the Brumbies captaincy was brought up..

Something like "Nah not Elsom, he's not liked down here"

Now what are we doing not offering Mowen a contract. Who are they planning to cover 6/8 next year...
yeh what was with that? recon it was a piss take?
alsovwhat did robinson say jus before that in response to the doughnuts line anyone?

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
Sorry, another forward who can tackle...

Now that Somerville is gone that pack is looking weak...

Was Sommerville only signed for one season? Any idea where he's off to next? I hope Hammett can convince him to come to the 'canes :)

T

TOCC

Greg is retiring....

SMH have suggested that Rocky could come to QLD...
If that were to happen, I hope they make it clear that he sits behind Genia and Horwill on the leadership stakes..

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Greg is retiring....

If that were to happen, I hope they make it clear that he sits behind Genia and Horwill on the leadership stakes..

The Reds don't need Rocky, but they do need to continue the flow of good young players being given opportunity. Which you can say for the Tahs and Brumbies, at least, as well. The hole in the wages bill to get him will cost you now and into the future.

T

tranquility

No thankyou Mr Elsom. Go to Melbourne.

Giteau wasn't joking about his popularity in Canberra either. Ha ha

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
He will go overseas, no one wants him here. The Waratahs were the only side interested now they don't want him.
And I don't think the Rebels could afford him after their latest two signings

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Elsom is a mixed bag in terms of value. Yes, he is a one of the best back-row forwards in the world, a proven, consistent performer when fit. Brian O'Driscoll said without equivocation that Elsom was the best player he had ever played with. However, "when fit" is the operative term here.

Elsom needs special "handling" and there must be meticulous oversight of rest vs training vs game-time for him to avoid stress injuries to his leg muscles in particular. I'm not sure where a S15 teams gets value here. A team like Leinster, whose season is broken up by the 6N's and where the less competitive Magners affords more opportunity for rest for the more intense HEC comp, was ideal. But the big money is in France, and Elsom has stated he has little interest in returning to Dublin. He has been there and done that.

If Stade Francais' financial problems are behind them, I can see Michael Cheika trying to lure him back up north; he knows how to get the most out of Elsom and by all accounts they have a very good relationship. But SF would probably be the only team in France where he would get such sympathetic handling.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I reckon he'll go overseas. No room at the Force or the Reds, not wanted at the Brumbies or Tahs. Really it only leaves the Rebels, which could still be a possibility I guess. But to me the most likely scenario is France.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Isn't Elsom a Melbourne boy? Current Wallaby captain. Very high profile international player comes home.

Perhaps a 'supporter' of the Rebels could come up with a sweetener.

Sounds like an ideal fit actually.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
are you saying the teamhas no interest in signing elsom, or you as a fan have no interest in the team signing elsom? If it's the former, then they are crazy. As a fan you are entitled to any opinion you like Bluesman.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Greg is retiring....

I hope he stays right the hell away from the Reds. What we have works well for us. Exactly the same reanon I didn't care that the Reds did not get JOC (James O'Connor).

Status
Not open for further replies.