• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tahs V Rebels, SFS, April 30 - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tahs side look to be in a world of pain for this one.
Good thing its only the Rebels at home ;)

my side would be
1. Robinson
2. Ulugia
3. Kepu
4. Mumm (c)
5. Douglas
6. Dennis
7. McCutcheon (will be picked, would prefer Alcock tho)
8. Mowen
9. Burgess
10. Barnes
11. Anesi
12. Carter
13. Cross
14. Kingston
15. Turner

16. Nick Seymour (academy)
17. Baxter
18. Timani
19. Alcock
20. McKibben
21. Halangahu
22. John Grant (7s, Eastwood)/Greg Jeludev(Academy, Uni)/Damon Anderson(Academy, Easts)

Anesi, Kingston, Turner looks a lot less menacing then Mitchell, Turner, Beale

EDIT: Anyone know when BKH is back?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Why not try someone else at 8?

Mowen really offers little at 8. Not his position at all.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I would like to see

Robbo
Uligia
Kepu
Mumm
Douglas
Dennis
Alcock
Mowen
Burgo
Barnes
Turner
Carter
Cross
Kingston
Anesi

I think we need to get our big ball carrying, offloading forwards running in pairs at outside backs and midfielders, where they are weakest, hence Douglas over timani for this week. I take your point on mowen, but who else gave we got? That's how cross wound up in my team too. It'd be the other timani, and he is well off the pace. Jake (or Jacob) woodhouse would be an outside back bench option too

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i wouldnt be too fussed about 11-15 for the tahs, all they are gunna need to do is tackle... cause they havnt got a hope in hell of seeing any ball

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm having trouble keeping up with who has injured themselves at the moment. What has Waugh done to himself and for how long?

I would still prefer to see Turner at 13, do the Tahs have a decent academy 15 they could draw into the team?

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
i wouldnt be too fussed about 11-15 for the tahs, all they are gunna need to do is tackle... cause they havnt got a hope in hell of seeing any ball

Following cross buying quades dummy so easily, it's precisely the tackling that I'm worried about

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought I read that they were bringing in Roberts, which would indicate that they think Seymour is too young/inexperienced. Also its not clear (I think) that TPN is definitely out. So maybe he could come off the bench if Ulugia goes haywire. Timani was OK last week, I don't see that Douglas brings more to the table, though I wish he would. Mowen's not Palu but he's played well this year as has Dennis. McCutcheon is one of the blessed ones, though IMO Alcock has performed better in his time on the pitch overall. One of these two weeks I think we should rest Mumm and play Timani and Douglas.

I'd like to see McKibben start this week with Burgess on the bench. Hopefully Barnes is OK and Hangers can return to the bench. Then I would play Carter and Bennetts in the centres and Cross on the bench. That's left field but by all reports Bennetts has been starring in Shute, and if it all goes wrong then Cross can come on. I would sub him at 50 regardless - its his first start after all. Kingston, Anesi and Turner for 11,14 & 15. I'd actually put Anesi at 15 so Turner can help Bennetts. Forwards bench is TPN/Roberts, Baxter, Douglas, McCutcheon/Alcock. That all fits together but another injury in a crucial position and we are stuffed.

This week the Rebels who are not going well, next week the Force who are soon to get their stars back then the bye. We just have to hang in till the bye when some of our troops get back on deck. We need to aim up to the 10/12 channel and the wings on attack and just keep knocking them down on defence. We should have the edge in the scrum and lineout.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bret Harris:The Australian said:
Hickey's hopes of guiding the the seventh-placed Waratahs to a second consecutive appearance in the playoffs took another hit yesterday as captain and openside flanker Phil Waugh was ruled out for a few weeks with a hamstring injury.

Waugh tore his hamstring just before coming off the field in the Waratahs' 19-15 loss to the Queensland Reds in Brisbane on Saturday night.

I was wondering why he wasn't in the team this week.

Poor bastard doesn't have much left to break at this stage of the season by the sound of it.

Bicep, Calf, Hamstring. While we might complain about the guys after match comments, there is no doubting his toughness - my hats off to him.

Really not what the Tahs needed on top of everything else.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
And in a piece of news guaranteed to send a shiver down the spines of Tahs supporters... Officials for the weekend. Now where's my Superbru shortcut again??

Waratahs vs Rebels in Sydney

Referees: Jonathan Kaplan (South Africa)

Assistant referees: Stuart Dickinson (Australia), James Leckie (Australia)

Television match official: Matt Goddard (Australia)

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
So much for those decrying Hickey for taking off Waugh at a critical stage of the match...

It's extremely easy to say this with the benefit of hindsight. He didn't seem injured at the time, so I think it's fair enough that many people thought it was a tactical move.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
With Waugh gone and Kaplan on the whistle, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a Rebs (Argh just like Reds) win by 5.

I hope I'm wrong.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
With Waugh gone and Kaplan on the whistle, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a Rebs (Argh just like Reds) win by 5.

I hope I'm wrong.

That's what I've tipped as well. Rebs have been gifted a perfect opportunity here if we can get our own shite together.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And in a piece of news guaranteed to send a shiver down the spines of Tahs supporters... Officials for the weekend. Now where's my Superbru shortcut again??

Waratahs vs Rebels in Sydney

Referees: Jonathan Kaplan (South Africa)

Assistant referees: Stuart Dickinson (Australia), James Leckie (Australia)

Television match official: Matt Goddard (Australia)

Oh, I am so putting down some money on the Rebels...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Meanwhile, Hickey confirmed hamstring injuries would sideline skipper Phil Waugh and No.8 Wycliff Palu from Saturday night's home clash with Melbourne Rebels.

But Beale (knee), first-choice five-eighth Barnes (concussion) and hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau (knee) were all named to play.

In the forwards, Pat McCutcheon will fill Waugh's No.7 jumper and Ben Mowen will start at No.8.

With Barnes back after several weeks' absence, Beale reverts to fullback and Soseni Anesi replaces Drew Mitchell (ankle) on the wing, with Tom Kingston relegated to the bench.

Full squad: Kurtley Beale, Lachie Turner, Ryan Cross, Tom Carter, Berrick Barnes, Soseni Anesi, Luke Burgess, Ben Mowen, Pat McCutcheon, Dave Dennis, Sitaleki Timani, Dean Mumm (capt), Sekope Kepu, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson. Res: John Ulugia, Al Baxter, Kane Douglas, Chris Alcock, Brendan McKibbin, Daniel Halangahu, Tom Kingston.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm less worried about Kaplan than I am worried about the team. Good to have TPN, Barnes and BEale in, but that would be a great opportunity to play Kingston at 13 instead of Cross, (or at the very least 14 instead of Anesi) and All-cock at 7. Would alos have brought Douglas back for this one - he has better hands and linking play than Timani

Status
Not open for further replies.