• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

parkfootyenthusiast2

Herbert Moran (7)
Side note, with Hunters Hill in the 2s and Colts GF, what's the equation for the Cowboy Cup? Newport sitting in 1st at 3,113 with no more games to play, Hunters Hill trailing by 89 on 3,024. Is Waverley also a mathematical shot on 2,891 with GFs in all 4 grades? If the same point allocations apply as per the reg season then Newport are home and hosed but I'm not sure how it works.

footy_footy

Sydney Middleton (9)
this is a good question that I can't work out. I imagine a win is the same but bonus points are the big one - do they still apply in finals as no competition points per se. Would be the cherry on top for Newport if they can hold the lead but I think they will have some stiff competition.

The Ghost of Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Beers were pushing $8-10 per can which is a bit of an outrage when you are selling New and VB. Great beers, but surely not more than $5 when Dan Murphys are selling cubes for $50.
If they were selling some stuff from White Bay then maybe that price can be understood.
For those of us with a more refined palate any word on black rat availability and pricing?

TheBigArvo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Any word on the winner of the divisional medals? Apart from the Kentwell that gets presented at the lunch the others get a bit over looked when presented on Grand final day. Would be great for Subbies to do a post to recognise these individuals.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
McLean Medal was Sapeti Tufuga of Western Raptors. Plays flanker for them. Big, quick, fit and fast! Can see why he's the standout.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
subbies need to re-look at the rules immediately.

They do, and regularly. That's what the CCR is for, along with the Board discussing things like finals formats, rules, extra time, etc.

All clubs were asked questions about finals formats at the divisional meetings this year, as one example. Consult your committee on that.

More generally: clubs and their members need to look at the rules more generally. Some of the questions that come up (here and elsewhere) make it clear they've not even bothered to educate themselves.

Eastcoast

Bill Watson (15)
If waverley win whiddon cup it will have a asterix next to it after the drew against colleagues. subbies need to re-look at the rules immediately.
I did enjoy that the referee wanted to play Extra time and the players just went with it.

In all seriousness, you definitely change the way you defend if you know that you cant lose on that last play. If it was actual do or die, I believe Waverley would have been a bit more urgent with their defence.

Who's favourite to take out the Burke Cup?
Id like to think HH are the favourites after a clinical performance in Week 1 and a few rested bodies coming into this week.

Platypus

Frank Row (1)
Division 1 Finals Tips

Kentwell Cup

Blue Mountains vs Waverley - One of the easier tips for Saturday games I can only see this going one way and that's with Chris Nay and the blueys boys bringing the Kentwell Cup back to Lapstone for the 2nd year in a row. Waverley have performed very well over the past few weeks but will meet their maker come 3:15 this weekend. Expecting a physical game with BMS winning by 12.

Burke Cup - MATCH OF THE DAY

Hunters Hill vs Colleagues - This will be a great game of code. Colleagues are peaking at the perfect time and I expect them to get over HH in a tight one. Although HH have had a week off I don't think they can halt the momentum that Colleagues have at the moment. Expect Turnbull the number 8 for colleagues to be everywhere on the weekend as they go back to back. Colleagues by 5

Barbour Cup

Mosman vs Hunters Hill - The 2 best teams throughout the Barbour season going head to head this will be another tight game. I don't think I've ever seen a colt as big as one of the HH 2nd rowers not sure of the name though. HH by 3

Widdon Cup

Waverley vs Blue Mountains - Waverley were lucky to get through last week with a draw. BMs to get the win and Saurara to bag a double. BMs by 7

Judd Cup

Looking forward to this matchup with 2 Div 1 heavyweights going at it to kick off the action on Saturday. Waverley yet to lose a game in 2024 and come against a Colleagues side who they beat by 8 in the first round of the finals. Andrew Fifta will be looking to add a Judd cup to his impressive resume which includes 252 Nrl games, 1 Nrl premiership, 10 state of origin, and 17 international caps for Australia and tonga.

Will Waverley round out their impressive year with one last win? Or will Fifita succumb to the bright lights of a Judd Cup grand final?
Colleagues by 8